TNF: Browns at Bengals - 8:25 PM EST on NFL Network

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other thing is that the scheme doesn't help either. When you have a weakness like the Bills do in run blocking I can't figure out why you'd bring in more big bodies that aren't any good like Lee Smith & Summers. When you do that teams counter with LBs that further the talent gap between the run blockers and run stoppers. I don't know why they wouldn't spread things out and try to create space? They should have less TE/FB on the field and subsequently more DBs trying to defend the run game. That goes back to the Hackett thread though.

I've been wanting the Bills to have been copying Chan Gailey's spread offense since last year, and allow Spiller some space with his runs. This is a big reason why I'm so down on Hackett. At some point you would expect the guy to change when he sees things aren't working. I have no idea what they are watching in the film room to keep doing the same things game after game.

I've been wanting the Bills to have been copying Chan Gailey's spread offense since last year, and allow Spiller some space with his runs. This is a big reason why I'm so down on Hackett. At some point you would expect the guy to change when he sees things aren't working. I have no idea what they are watching in the film room to keep doing the same things game after game.

My feelings exactly. That was hit pretty hard in the Hackett thread. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they haven't tried to spread the field.

My feelings exactly. That was hit pretty hard in the Hackett thread. I cannot for the life of me figure out why they haven't tried to spread the field.

Hackett has been shrewdly, perhaps brilliantly playing possum for 24 games, 32 games if you count pre-season, waiting for just the right time to spring it and rub his greedy hands together while screaming, "AHA!!!!"

Hackett has been shrewdly, perhaps brilliantly playing possum for 24 games, 32 games if you count pre-season, waiting for just the right time to spring it and rub his greedy hands together while screaming, "AHA!!!!"

I am beginning to lose hope that the "aha" moment is going to come. Spread the f'ng fiield already! It is what this team is currently built to do. They could be dominant with this approach.