Bush wins by a LANDSLIDE! mark it down

Pete

Does Kerry bring anything besides not being George W Bush and his 3 purple hearts?  chirp......chirp......chirp......................................

Write it down- its not even gonna be close!

16951[/snapback]

You are likely right. Kerry has been an awful candidate to represent the Democratic party, so we will be stuck with Bush another 4 years. We have a very flawed political system...

Barely caught any of it.....Kerry said something about a wake up call.....he had 5 words......it could be 6 words......bit of a flip flop there......He said the President had a hat and maybe some cattle.

This ****** is still a very tight race.....some states are moving towards the President.....PA, WI, maybe even Minnesota.

Polls 2-3 weeks from now will be interesting to look at.

Kerry's starting to lose a bit of a grip on the upper midwest.....Bush is doing well in polling in PA recently.

Does Kerry bring anything besides not being George W Bush and his 3 purple hearts?  chirp......chirp......chirp......................................

Write it down- its not even gonna be close!

16951[/snapback]

Who the hell advised kerry to give that speech last night? First of all, after all his talk about wanting vietnam to no longer be an issue, he freakin led with that topic.

Then he said that cheney called him "unfit for the presidency" Oh really, I watched the entire speech from cheney and I saw no such thing.

Perhaps he was just sipping too much french wine last night before his stomp.

By the way, the place where he made that speech, Springfield Ohio, let me tell you a little something about that town since it is only about 1 hour from where I live.

1) The town has about 25,000 people.

2) 80% of the town is literally a slum. Simply a dirty place to live.

3) If you are interested in picking up th highest quality drugs in Ohio, your first stop would be Springfield. It is a drug infested, crime riddled city.

Interesting that he would choose this location for his midnight madness tour.

Like I said...who the hell is advising this knucklehead????

You are likely right.  Kerry has been an awful candidate to represent the Democratic party, so we will be stuck with Bush another 4 years.  We have a very flawed political system...

16958[/snapback]

More to the point, you have a very flawed 'primaries' election system. The Democrats should have done better to put the better person on the ballot. Unfortunately, the best you had was Lieberman, and his odds weren't much better than Kerry's.

By the way, the place where he made that speech, Springfield Ohio, let me tell you a little something about that town since it is only about 1 hour from where I live.

1) The town has about 25,000 people.

2) 80% of the town is literally a slum. Simply a dirty place to live.

3) If you are interested in picking up th highest quality drugs in Ohio, your first stop would be Springfield. It is a drug infested, crime riddled city.

Interesting that he would choose this location for his midnight madness tour.

Like I said...who the hell is advising this knucklehead????

17203[/snapback]

Well this may open a whole can of worms about the nature, and purpose of government, but…

Isn't it a good thing that candidates are paying attention to an economically depressed area of the nation? Now that both parties are in the business of big government, and entitlement programs, wouldn't you want them to direct their efforts, and their attention, to those types of cities?

Well this may open a whole can of worms about the nature, and purpose of government, but…

Isn't it a good thing that candidates are paying attention to an economically depressed area of the nation?  Now that both parties are in the business of big government, and entitlement programs, wouldn't you want them to direct their efforts, and their attention, to those types of cities?

17292[/snapback]

Of course that's a valid point...but the cynics among us just see it as whoring for votes, because we don't really believe the government's going to measurably improve the lot of the inner-city poor...

More to the point, you have a very flawed 'primaries' election system. The Democrats should have done better to put the better person on the ballot. Unfortunately, the best you had was Lieberman, and his odds weren't much better than Kerry's.

17284[/snapback]

Agree... the Dems best chance was Lieberman.

The first Dem mistake was they chose the "anything but Bush" campaign platform way back in the primaries. Instead of marketing "this is our plan for the future", they marketed that they were the anti-Bush. The Anything But Bush tactic of the far left Dems killed the chances of any moderate candidate winning the nomination (eg. Lieberman).

Then, with the ticket firmly entrenched in left wing mode, Howard Dean had that amusing meltdown primal scream... and the left panic caused them to gravitate to the only leftie who had a shred of momentum at the time, KERRY.

Kerry was a panic selection. He was the benefactor of some well timed primary adds, the anti-Bush platform that ruled out moedrates, and the momentary meltdown of Dean.

The bottom line (maybe): The candidate that could ice the primaries by appealing to the base is the exactly the kind of person who could lose the main election. A politcal scientist's Catch-22.

Kerry may win in November.... or December if his lawyers are good. :D

Joe Lieberman will never be President. No way in hell a non-telegenic man of Jewish faith ever gets elected in the current world. While Lieberman is probably the most palatable "platform" candidate the Dems can offer up to conservatives, the afformentioned reasons will always be more than he can overcome.

Agree... the Dems best chance was Lieberman.

Let me clarify; I didn't mean Lieberman had the best chance to beat Bush. I just thought he was the best candidate based on what he stood for. I'm not certain the GOP could do to Lieberman what they did to Kerry.

Or did Kerry bring this upon himself? :w00t:

LA...to beat an incumbant President...you have to prove him wrong on 1 major front...Kerry cannot do that...We have a good economy, the war on terror is the war on terror, and Iraq is making progress to election this winter.....Unlike when George Sr. lost...there is nothing right now Kerry can exploit 100%.

LA..I didn't mean to single you out...I was just making a point.

19410[/snapback]

And you make a very good point. I paraphrase a movie when I quote "John Kerry is only interested in two things. Telling you what's wrong with American, and making you afraid of it."

It's "hail mary" stuff. This may not come out right, but what Kerry needs is a terrorist breach on American soil. What I mean is, he needs Bush and his camp to screw up (and a breach worthy of national attention would certainly do that) to have a chance.

It'll be interesting to see how he comes out after the holiday. Will he yell "They were lying!", or will he start laying out a plan. Either way, it won't matter at this juncture. He needs to have addition by subtraction, so to speak.

This may not come out right, but what Kerry needs is a terrorist breach on American soil. What I mean is, he needs Bush and his camp to screw up (and a breach worthy of national attention would certainly do that) to have a chance.

19437[/snapback]

Possible but I don't know if that's a definite. Overall, people just trust the Republicans more on national defense (check any poll you want). Any terrorist attack (or is it more PC to say 'militant attack' these days?) is going to put terrorism right back at the forefront and everything else is going to seem awfully meaningless.

Would people lose faith in Bush over a car bombing? What if it was a school massacre like in Beslan? I think the scale of the attack would come into play.

I think a terrorist attack between now and election day is the big X factor in the election. Personally, I'd rather not find out what would happen.