madden online

Is anyone out there playing madden 05 online? I've been playing Madden for years and consider myself pretty good. I took my game online a couple of days ago and have been getting absolutely CRUSHED. It seems like online playersuse these defeses that stack the sine of scrimage and blitz like mad (Bledsoe can't move to save his life in the game too). Any thoughts of ideas?

Is anyone out there playing madden 05 online?  I've been playing Madden for years and consider myself pretty good.  I took my game online a couple of days ago and have been getting absolutely CRUSHED.  It seems like online playersuse these defeses that stack the sine of scrimage and blitz like mad (Bledsoe can't move to save his life in the game too).  Any thoughts of ideas?

224639[/snapback]

Online madden sucks because there is glitches in that game that will allow you to get sacks almost every down if you know the glitch. there are other glitches too that allow for insane high scoring with certain teams.

Online madden sucks because there is glitches in that game that will allow you to get sacks almost every down if you know the glitch.  there are other glitches too that allow for insane high scoring with certain teams.

224652[/snapback]

however, you shold make it known to the person you're playing that there is a "truce" against those cheats (the only one i know about is blocking punts, not sacks, but before a game (and I don't have it, my friend does), he makes a truce not to do it. It's easy to tell when someone is trying it, as the screen pops back a forth a bit.

however, you shold make it known to the person you're playing that there is a "truce" against those cheats (the only one i know about is blocking punts, not sacks, but before a game (and I don't have it, my friend does), he makes a truce not to do it. It's easy to tell when someone is trying it, as the screen pops back a forth a bit.

224657[/snapback]

are players using goal line defenses on every down or is it a 46?

224657[/snapback]

Damn, they were glitching against me? I play online every now and then, but one guy blocked EVERY punt (even when I had max protect on) and every FG I tried.

By the end of the first quarter it was 28-0. He tried to give me "mercy" but I was so pissed I made him finish the damn game. lol

How can you stop it?

Damn, they were glitching against me? I play online every now and then, but one guy blocked EVERY punt (even when I had max protect on) and every FG I tried.

By the end of the first quarter it was 28-0. He tried to give me "mercy" but I was so pissed I made him finish the damn game. lol

How can you stop it?

224694[/snapback]

Just ask the guy why he is wasting your time and his!

I don't have Madden, but I was playing NCAA 2005 online for a while. I got sick of seeing people putting CB's with 99 speed playing QB and doing QB draw around the outside every offensive play. It was a sure 5 yards every time. The worst thing EA did with online play is made the ranking system. Now, thats all these kids care about, not a competitive game.

I was playing on Saturday night against a kid and I asked him if he knew of cheats. He told me that some people know what play you are going to run. I don't know how true this is but it did make sense. I played against the Eagles and the guy stacked the line everytime I picked a running play. I then would audible out of it and he would change. If I picked a pass play he would blitz the b'jesus out of me. I lost that one 59-0

I hate cheaters!

I have to say this...and I now its a candyass mentality...but how much fun is it crushing people 50-0 when you're essentially cheating to do it. I'd much rather win or lose playing straight.

I just got Madden 2005, and have been playing single games against the league. The trouble with the 2005 Bills is that its obviously built off of the 2003 6-10 season. The level of execution is much lower in comparison to the Madden 2004 Bills team (coming off the high scoring 2003 season). The big difference I noticed is that Bledsoe gets sacked at least once a series (no surprise there), and that the O-line's blocking doesn't hold up that well.

I played the Fins the other day and freaking David Boston was killing me...HAHA...good thing its only a game.

well, what are the cheats??  how do you get blocked kicks/sacks every down?

224805[/snapback]

There is a cheat to block a punt every time. It has something to do with pressing L or R repeadedly before the kick. It will put a little hiccup in the snap, and you'll be 3 yards past the line before the ball gets to the punter. BUT, you can tell when its being done against you.

That being said, you pause the game and tell the bastard "why even bother playing" and tell him if he wants to do it, you will too.

It's gotten to a point where you just call a truce before playing. I don't own Madden, but my friend does, and he pauses the game right away, and discusses it with the opponent. Works well.

They really did a piss poor job with Madden this year. It wasn't as bad (glitchers) last year. The main reason I stopped playing was after the first real glitch was discovered. When you are on offense would could motion your guys around and it would wear down your defense so the had zero energy. The offense could then do anything they wanted to you and you couldn't stop it because you are dog tired. EA's solution to this was to turn off the fatigue level so nowbody gets tired. This is even cheesier because now a guy like me, who pounds they ball on a D to wear them out, is useless. The D never gets tired. After that, I never played again. I only play Socom II online.

One of the punt blocking "cheats" (not so much a cheat but a "cheese" play) was to use your field goal block team for blocking punts. I actually used it twice in one game. The first was by accident and the second wasnt. After the guy complained I realized it was kinda crappy so I quit and havent used it since. Now that was in last years version not sure if it works now.

why is using your FG block team to block a punt cheese?

there are instances when the punt return team puts everyone on the line with no one back -- not often, but it happens in real life.

224885[/snapback]

See...I agree with that. You should be able to pick any play you want for any situation. It's your choice. You're not cheating...just departing from the norm. Is it any different then opening a game with an onside kick?

I wish you could onsides kick subtlely. I can't seem to control a kick well enough to onsides it from a standard set up.

That has become very common in the NFL today -- catching the opponent off guard.

I wish you could onsides kick subtlely.  I can't seem to control a kick well enough to onsides it from a standard set up.

That has become very common in the NFL today -- catching the opponent off guard.

224894[/snapback]

Bills did it succcessfully in the Seattle game this year.