Denver at New England GDT

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So now to assume if the game was rigged we need to break it down by score/quarter? So of you must real fun to watch a game with.

What's called and when is of course important--big difference between a 5 yard procedural penalty in the 4th when the game is over vs. a key drive killer or (allower, like the block in the back that wasn't called on the TD) early in the game. At one point early on they flashed the penalties as something like 6 for the Broncos to 1 for the Pats*, IIRC yesterday, for ex.

Its the same discussion with Jim in Anchorage. I doubt he even watched the game.

Brady outplayed Manning. I said it in the first quarter that Brady's arm is > than Manning.

However, if you couldnt see how the refs didnt called an obvious pick by Gronk for a first down, intentional grounding by Brady and 2 Pass Interference by the CBs in the first half, then you can shove a pickle up your cornhole! ( then we could call it a Picklehole )

NO WORD OF A LIE, In the second half Brady got tackled hard and the ref started running toward Brady before he even touched the ground. Then he stretched his hand out and helped him up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? a Ref running to a player to extend a hand and help him up????????????

THERE IS NO WHINING ON HERE. I see with my own EYES the stuff that goes on. I coudnt care less about Manning and the Broncos, but I can call a spade a spade unlike the 5% of Pickleholes on here that REALLY have a MANCRUSH on Brady!

Edited by PO'14

The Pats are the crown jewel to the NFL

During their run, historical levels of fan interest and profits. They took an underperforming, large market loser franchise and turned it into a massive iconic profit center and an almost inexplicable perennial winner regardless the non-QB personnel.

They have the NFL's "Cover Girl" at QB and a very visible and now historically significant HC

Their owner is very active in league matters and carries clout with the other owners (he's made them significantly wealthier)

The commissioner went out of his way to make sure Spygate was completely damage controlled and those 3 Lombardi's remain untarnished in the eyes of the average football fan.

All of this shows in the way the referees call their games -ESPECIALLY in their building. I have never seen them lose on a controversial call or series of calls. Yet, they went to the SB because of one that wound up being a rule change - in their favor of course.

I feel like the refs do everything short of saying "Sorry Tom, Sorry Bill…..lot of people watching, hope you understand I have to call this.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

If people can't see that games are rigged, they are either blind or just too naive/innocent. As a victim of the law school scam and the mortgage crisis, I watch these games like I do the WWE. They are certainly fun and enjoyable: I get all worked up during Bills games. However, I can accept the fact that there are folks in the background pulling strings. There is too much money involved for the NFL not to be fixed at some levels. Even though European soccer games were fixed for years, the average fan could care less. He's still going to paint his face, drink beer and act like a passionate moron on game day.

So now to assume if the game was rigged we need to break it down by score/quarter? So of you must real fun to watch a game with.

Well actually, I'm not assuming it was rigged. Because that's not what I said.

And sure, using my eyes and brain to see when penalties occur must mean I'm a real sourpuss.

Pats had 5 penalties in the third quarter. You know, when the game was over. I'm not saying it was rigged, but c'mon.

The game was over inthe 3rd Q?

If people can't see that games are rigged, they are either blind or just too naive/innocent. As a victim of the law school scam and the mortgage crisis, I watch these games like I do the WWE. They are certainly fun and enjoyable: I get all worked up during Bills games. However, I can accept the fact that there are folks in the background pulling strings. There is too much money involved for the NFL not to be fixed at some levels. Even though European soccer games were fixed for years, the average fan could care less. He's still going to paint his face, drink beer and act like a passionate moron on game day.

Priceless, almost sig-worthy!

And what is the law school scam? Is that just law school?

It is specific to law school, but could be pretty much any type of overpriced higher education that saddles naive young people with non-dischargeable debt. If you google "law school scam," you will uncover a whole bunch of information, some of it written by prestigious law professors who are against the scam.

The storyline from last night's game will be that Brady beat Manning, which he usually does. But Brady does not play defense. I think Belichick spends days and days in the off-season working up new defensive schemes specifically to stop Manning. Manning is Belichick's white whale, except unlike Ahab, Belichick usually wins.

Brady played very well last night. No surprise there, he's a great QB. I don't think Denver does anything special to try to stop him, which is a serious mistake. Also I do agree that the Pats tend to get away with penalties that other teams get called for, but that's not the difference between the teams. The difference is coaching. As much as I dislike Belichick, I have to acknowledge he's a great coach.

It is specific to law school, but could be pretty much any type of overpriced higher education that saddles naive young people with non-dischargeable debt. If you google "law school scam," you will uncover a whole bunch of information, some of it written by prestigious law professors who are against the scam.

If you gave your loan money to get a diploma from a bogus "for profit" law school, it's haed to generate sympathy for you. Ditto if you took out a home loan you had no ability to repay.

But at least you're onto this NFL "scam"....you "won't get fooled again!", as the song says..

Edited by Mr. WEO

If you gave your loan money to get a diploma from a bogus "for profit" law school, it's haed to generate sympathy for you. Ditto if you took out a home loan you had no ability to repay.

But at least you're onto this NFL "scam"....you "won't get fooled again!", as the song says..

Yup. Albany Law School.

Here's some food for thought: The Pats have now won 42 straight home wins against AFC teams when Brady starts: He hasn’t lost at home since falling 17-14 on Nov. 12, 2006, to the Jets. That doesn't sound fishy to you? C'mon.

The storyline from last night's game will be that Brady beat Manning, which he usually does. But Brady does not play defense. I think Belichick spends days and days in the off-season working up new defensive schemes specifically to stop Manning. Manning is Belichick's white whale, except unlike Ahab, Belichick usually wins.

Brady played very well last night. No surprise there, he's a great QB. I don't think Denver does anything special to try to stop him, which is a serious mistake. Also I do agree that the Pats tend to get away with penalties that other teams get called for, but that's not the difference between the teams. The difference is coaching. As much as I dislike Belichick, I have to acknowledge he's a great coach.

Can it get anymore clearer than it is now? The difference is, when times get tough and the pressure mounts, Manning is a dud while Brady is the polar opposite.

Yup. Albany Law School.

Here's some food for thought: The Pats have now won 42 straight home wins against AFC teams when Brady starts: He hasn’t lost at home since falling 17-14 on Nov. 12, 2006, to the Jets. That doesn't sound fishy to you? C'mon.

How did they lose 2 close Super Bowls to the lowly Giants? Where was the help from the refs to swing those close games the other way?

Also, you probably should have looked into the job market for new law school grads before applying. The fact that job opprtunities are nonexistant except for the top students at top schools is not a new story--has been well known for years.

Edited by Mr. WEO

If you gave your loan money to get a diploma from a bogus "for profit" law school, it's haed to generate sympathy for you.

As a fellow "victim" of the law school scam, the issue is that these schools were almost uniformly inflating their employment statistics to lure in their prey. And it's not just bottom tier diploma mills. I attended a top-20 law school and the employment placement statistics made it seem like it was a slam dunk that I'd land a $140k gig so long as I put in a decent amount of effort, and that I was virtually guaranteed of something in the $80-100k range just by graduating. Turns out these schools are very creative in how they report their employment numbers and do things like set up students with temporary school paid gigs to pad their numbers, only to leave you with no legitimate legal employment opportunities. Maybe the top 20% of my class did well and landed the high-paying biglaw jobs, the next 20% found some type of mid-law or government job, and the remaining 60% were left to scramble for sh*tlaw or non-jd positions.

Still, I blame myself for going to law school when the only thing that interested me about it was the potential salary. I was shortsighted and I paid the price.

As a fellow "victim" of the law school scam, the issue is that these schools were almost uniformly inflating their employment statistics to lure in their prey. And it's not just bottom tier diploma mills. I attended a top-20 law school and the employment placement statistics made it seem like it was a slam dunk that I'd land a $140k gig so long as I put in a decent amount of effort, and that I was virtually guaranteed of something in the $80-100k range just by graduating. Turns out these schools are very creative in how they report their employment numbers and do things like set up students with temporary school paid gigs to pad their numbers, only to leave you with no legitimate legal employment opportunities. Maybe the top 20% of my class did well and landed the high-paying biglaw jobs, the next 20% found some type of mid-law or government job, and the remaining 60% were left to scramble for sh*tlaw or non-jd positions.

Still, I blame myself for going to law school when the only thing that interested me about it was the potential salary. I was shortsighted and I paid the price.

So did I when I bet on Manning in cold weather at Foxboro!

Agree with all this. Denver's D is to blame. And I don't love the coaching of John Fox.