Mark Barron sent to the Rams

I was interested in him, but not for a 4th and a 6th, we already gave up the Stevie 4th in next year's draft and of course the 1st rounder for the Sammy Watkins trade-up, so giving up a 4th and 6th would leave us a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 7th... And honestly, we would have probably have to give up more than the Rams, because the Rams are likely to pick ahead of the Bills, so Tampa Bay would take the Rams 4th and 6th over the Bills...

I was interested in him, but not for a 4th and a 6th, we already gave up the Stevie 4th in next year's draft and of course the 1st rounder for the Sammy Watkins trade-up, so giving up a 4th and 6th would leave us a 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 7th... And honestly, we would have probably have to give up more than the Rams, because the Rams are likely to pick ahead of the Bills, so Tampa Bay would take the Rams 4th and 6th over the Bills...

A while ago rumors circulated that Miami offered Indy a 1st and maybe a 3rd for Marshall Faulk instead Indy took a 2nd and I believe a 5th to trade him out of conference and at that point out of division.

Draft picks are more valuable to teams than players. If the Bills traded for him I wouldn't of hated it. They did trade a 4th for a guy who was bad last year who plays a position that has no value in Brown.

Weird move for the Rams. Fisher will have a Jauron like first three years.

I liked him a lot coming out of college and am unsure why they gave up on him so easily when they have Gholson back there which would have made a great duo.

They keep Gholson and rid themselves of Barron. Just not sure here.

edit: Crezdon Butler is their 2nd string CB. Remember him?

Edited by jboyst62

I liked him a lot coming out of college and am unsure why they gave up on him so easily when they have Gholson back there which would have made a great duo.

They keep Gholson and rid themselves of Barron. Just not sure here.

edit: Crezdon Butler is their 2nd string CB. Remember him?

Completely making it up from my own head on a Tuesday night... Id guess that Barron has become a malcontent with all the losing and isnt toeing the line and they are just trying to get what they can for him. I

m basing this on nothing more than imaging how difficult it must be to come from a college program like Alabama and have to deal with an overall inferior organization now that you are supposed to be an adult professional.

Completely making it up from my own head on a Tuesday night... Id guess that Barron has become a malcontent with all the losing and isnt toeing the line and they are just trying to get what they can for him. I

m basing this on nothing more than imaging how difficult it must be to come from a college program like Alabama and have to deal with an overall inferior organization now that you are supposed to be an adult professional.

My guess is that Gholston has a too big of a contract and Barrons rookie makes him easier to move.

My guess is that Gholston has a too big of a contract and Barrons rookie makes him easier to move.

But why get rid of either of them when you barely have any talent as it is? They just trying to start from square one? Or they couldnt re-sign him?

Edited by DrDareustein

There is a chance the Stevie pick becomes a third n if so the bills keep it then send philly pick for brown the following year. I don't remember what the conditions were he had to meet but don't think they were outrageous and he's been playing well so I think he meets them

I would thought about trading EJ for him and Glennon

This is sarcasm right?

If it's not why on earth would the Bucs have done it?

They did trade a 4th for a guy who was bad last year who plays a position that has no value in Brown.

This is not a fair assessment of Bryce Brown IMO. He had a few (10?) carries vs the Jets, and did as poorly as Boobie. We certainly need a better sample than that. To say Brown has no value (or the RB position has no value) is not correct.

Brown had like 4.4 speed and weighs around 220 IIRC. The Bills are not exactly skilled at using their RBs correctly; not in the Hackett era.

I think Bryce will resemble Fred more than he resembles CJ. I mean to say I think he is a strong RB you can run up the gut. Hard to tell against the Jets strong DL and with the Bills weak guards.

I believe you will see better things from Bryce Brown in the near future.