bankrupt city shuts off water to non-payers

Azalin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we can do that in Texas, and it's better barbecue. :nana:

Not better than at my house.

Not all Californians are bad. I've got two aunts in SF who are pretty cool. Still hippie-dippy freaks, though.

And then there's David Lee Roth. At least he's not a hippie.

That's all I've got.

What am I? Chopped liva?

Stipulated. Though I still maintain I do a better lasagna.

Of course not. Foie gras is illegal in California.

Not really. I can still get it and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to make it at home.

And I highly doubt your lasagna is better than mine. I make a kick ass bolognese sauce and my noodles from scratch.

And boy has this thread gone off the rails.

Edited by Chef Jim

Not really. I can still get it and it's a hell of a lot cheaper to make it at home.

And I highly doubt your lasagna is better than mine. I make a kick ass bolognese sauce and my noodles from scratch.

So you make ALL your ingredients at home, from scratch?

Hippie-dippy freak. Probably put twigs and berries in your bolognese sauce.

And boy has this thread gone off the rails.

Most do, without gatorman, birddog, or lybob to abuse. Threads like this go off the rails much sooner, since our right-wing retards, when they're demonstrably wrong and stupid, are smart enough to shut the !@#$ up.

So you make ALL your ingredients at home, from scratch?

Hippie-dippy freak. Probably put twigs and berries in your bolognese sauce.

Well I was going to say I make my own ricotta but I didn't want to brag. Well that and it comes out like ****

California, specifically San Franciso, remains the only place in the world I've seen 3 different individuals urinating/defacating on the street at 10 am on a Saturday, and that was only over a 2 block walk. I had to roll dodge away from one of the pissers, or he would have got me. And, walking with what was at the time a $4k laptop that had to be delivered to a client, on a street populated by 60% junkies, is on my top 5 unsettling experience list. My fear wasn't that I couldn't take any of them, it's that if I had to, they might bleed on me/infect me with something.

I understand not judging an entire state on 1, 2-block walk. However, I also understand only ever seeing one set of ridiculously awful behavior/set of people, in one town, no others, and my sample size is more cities than I care to remember, 30 states, and 5 foreign countries.

As far as Detroit goes: there's a lot of good people there actually. But, what's going on there is literally the same story in every Democratically controlled city.

What's interesting is: Bankruptcy seems to be forcing....competence, and responsibility, and accountability...on Detroit. Detroit may end up being the Gettysburg of this entire mess, where, after accountability has lost battle after battle to corruption predicated on nonsense ideology, accountability finally holds the left flank, then the center, and wins.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Then it can't be the best, because you're not making it right.

Yes, I believe good rettatta takes 45 minutes.

I bet California Chef doesn't even use pickle juice. Too much sodium. So he replaces it with organically raised, gluten free, fat free, free range, fair trade, pressed whogivesaF?-bean oil from a 3rd world country....because...fair trade.

Yes, I believe good rettatta takes 45 minutes.

I bet California Chef doesn't even use pickle juice. Too much sodium. So he replaces it with organically raised, gluten free, fat free, free range, fair trade, pressed whogivesaF?-bean oil from a 3rd world country....because...fair trade.

But on the bright side, not only can his bean oil vote, but he can marry it too.

Then it can't be the best, because you're not making it right.

Good point. I'll work on slowing it down a bit. I will remove the water from each piece of pasta individually with a q-tip. That should get me closer to the hour preparations time. And pickle juice optional? Bah! That's the magic ingredient.

Good point. I'll work on slowing it down a bit. I will remove the water from each piece of pasta individually with a q-tip. That should get me closer to the hour preparations time. And pickle juice optional? Bah! That's the magic ingredient.

Yes, but is it made with organic, free range pickles? Are the pickles treated humanely? Are they produced by the local food collective, but also produced in a way that does not create an "unfair" advantage over competing pickle producers in the 3rd world? I have it! Are they produced locally, by people from the 3rd world?

That is the ONLY way you can be fair Chef. Any deviation, and you are oppressing a person, place, or thing.

Edited by OCinBuffalo