CJ vs Jerry

Nasty

I'm a big believer in Whaley, despite the apparent whiff on guards. I don't pretend to know more than they do, though I may pout a little when it goes poorly. :-(

Within reason means it's not an open checkbook as some may suggest - it ain't JJ Watt money. These guys hopefully know they help each other. One stud by himself gets too much attention. You can't double all four of our DL and have much left to send out.

I'm not worried about the owners being willing to spend. I'm far more concerned about managing the cap. When you have a lot of good players that gets tricky. It's been a long time since that was a big issue.

I'm not worried about the owners being willing to spend. I'm far more concerned about managing the cap. When you have a lot of good players that gets tricky. It's been a long time since that was a big issue.

I will not allow the new regime to pull the wool over our eyes and say "we're managing the cap". At some point, if we continue to sign our performing players that might become a problem. It will be a bit until then. SIGN HUGHES and continue to resign our good players. Other teams way out spend us every year. I don't want to hear about the cap.

I will not allow the new regime to pull the wool over our eyes and say "we're managing the cap". At some point, if we continue to sign our performing players that might become a problem. It will be a bit until then. SIGN HUGHES and continue to resign our good players. Other teams way out spend us every year. I don't want to hear about the cap.

Well, you're entitled to your feelings. But missing an important part of the NFL reality won't win for you in the long run. You might be willing to have the highest paid player at every position, but it doesn't work that way. The tricky part is being smart enough to know which players you NEED to sign and for how much. We agree, pay Hughes. I recognize there is a limit we have to live with. That's the reason it's difficult and we aren't qualified to decide, despite our love for the team.

Edit: Your "at some point" scenario bites you in the butt in different ways. If we have cap room now, we may need it more down the road for higher priorities. I'm just saying..... spend, but SPEND WISELY.

Edited by Augie

Well, you're entitled to your feelings. But missing an important part of the NFL reality won't win for you in the long run. You might be willing to have the highest paid player at every position, but it doesn't work that way. The tricky part is being smart enough to know which players you NEED to sign and for how much. We agree, pay Hughes. I recognize there is a limit we have to live with. That's the reason it's difficult and we aren't qualified to decide, despite our love for the team.

Fair enough. I'm just tired of the Bills being a farm team for other NFL teams. We draft, develop and let walk. We have not been close to the cap for a number of years. During this time we have let players walk who were productive. Unacceptable.

In regards to your edit. The NFL is a win now league. Yeah, when the reality is you literally can't spend anymore or you're over the cap, then you have to stop. That's when you stop. I don't want to hear, well we might need that cap room in 5 years so we're not going to sign our players.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

Fair enough. I'm just tired of the Bills being a farm team for other NFL teams. We draft, develop and let walk. We have not been close to the cap for a number of years. During this time we have let players walk who were productive. Unacceptable.

Completely agree. We have also let some guys move on who turned out to be overpaid at the new gig. I just want us to be one of the smart teams who knows who to keep and who to let walk if the price gets too high. I'm not smart enough to decide that. We all have opinions, but I have to put my trust in WHALEY. First time in a long time I've felt good about the front office.

Completely agree. We have also let some guys move on who turned out to be overpaid at the new gig. I just want us to be one of the smart teams who knows who to keep and who to let walk if the price gets too high. I'm not smart enough to decide that. We all have opinions, but I have to put my trust in WHALEY. First time in a long time I've felt good about the front office.

I agree. Whaley has done great. He did let Byrd walk though. However his acquisition of Hughes for Shepherd was brilliant. Overall his batting average on his acquisitions is quite good. I'm pleased with him at this point too.

Edited by The Voice of Truth

I think this is a big test for the new owners. If they don't fork over the dough for a very productive DE in the prime of his career, I will lose a significant amount of faith in the new owners. RESIGN HUGHES!

You do realize there may be reasons beyond "the owner won't let me" such as "it's hard to build a roster with 4 highly paid DL" that might make this break that direction

Not near the same league, CJ will get a 3 year deal worth maybe 8-10 million. Hughes, 5 year 25-35 million.

RBs will not get paid like they use to. That said, let CJ walk and when Peterson is released, sprint to him...assuming he's not in jail.