Dixon or Brown?

Canadian Bills Fan

I'm trying to pick up Brown in my league. The plan has always been for Dixon to get around 3-5 touches per game when Freddy and Spiller were healthy and I don't think that needs to change much, maybe closer to the 4-7 range now with the injuries. He looked winded towards the end of the last game and I feel that the Bills were planning to eventually just plug Brown in next year if Spiller leaves and Freddy will be a year older. I could see Dixon possibly getting a chunk of the goal-line work, but Brown getting the majority of the carries. With Marrone's 'Win now' philosophy, I can't imagine him holding Brown back going forward this year.

I predict the goal line work for Dixon could keep his fantasy value equal to Brown's value, however Brown showed elite play making ability at times in Philly and has a higher upside value. I'm placing a claim for Brown with a back-up claim for Dixon in case I fail to land Brown.

1- Tre Mason

2- Denard Robinson

3- Bryce Brown

4 - Miami Dolphins (@ Jags with their 4+ sacks allowed per game, and injury problems)

That's my waiver wire prioritization for this week, putting Fred on IR and dropping Andre Holmes to make room for up to 2.

?- Anthony Dixon - doesn't make the cut

1- Tre Mason

2- Denard Robinson

3- Bryce Brown

4 - Miami Dolphins (@ Jags with their 4+ sacks allowed per game, and injury problems)

That's my waiver wire prioritization for this week, putting Fred on IR and dropping Andre Holmes to make room for up to 2.

?- Anthony Dixon - doesn't make the cut

Really? I understand, conventional wisdom seems to be that Bryce Brown will get the bulk of the carries, with Freddie and Spiller out...but given their styles, and our awful O-line, Brown is playing the Spiller role, and Dixon the Freddie role..just inclined to think that Dixon will see more carries, because he will be more consistantly productive, if not as flashy.

I know Dixon is more of a full-back type, but I think he has run the ball pretty decently, and is pretty fast & agile for a big dude. I just have this fear of Brown getting swalled up...maybe I am all wrong, and thinking about it too much? Just being closer to the Bills than other teams, I have learned, over the years, to always assume that what seems logical is not the reality for our guys...either way, I need runnig backs, bad...

Edited by Buftex

Really? I understand, conventional wisdom seems to be that Bryce Brown will get the bulk of the carries, with Freddie and Spiller out...but given their styles, and our awful O-line, Brown is playing the Spiller role, and Dixon the Freddie role..just inclined to think that Dixon will see more carries, because he will be more consistantly productive, if not as flashy.

I know Dixon is more of a full-back type, but I think he has run the ball pretty decently, and is pretty fast & agile for a big dude. I just have this fear of Brown getting swalled up...maybe I am all wrong, and thinking about it too much? Just being closer to the Bills than other teams, I have learned, over the years, to always assume that what seems logical is not the reality for our guys...either way, I need runnig backs, bad...

I just added Dixon as #5 on that list. I get 11th priority on the waiver wire and so may not get any of them.

I just tend to think Dixon will not be worth as much. I wouldn't play him against the Jets, unless desperate, and the next week is the bye.

I agree with your thinking that roughly Brown = stealth (Spiller); Dixon = more power (Fred) . I just think that Summers may cut into the Dixon role, and Fred will return, leaving Brown much more valuable. Dixon made a couple good catches, but I don't think that plays to his strength. In my half ppr league, that gives Brown that much more of an advantage, but still leaves him behind Mason and Robinson.

A bit of a sleeper is Charles Sims on the Bucs. Has been injured all year but comes back next week. The main reason they drafted him Lovie Smith said" we couldn't pass on his hands" Glennon checks down a lot and of course the Bucs are behind a lot. Nice ppr formula for success. Worth a shot. I grabbed him in two leagues and will see about the third tonight.

Edited by Dante

A bit of a sleeper is Charles Sims on the Bucs. Has been injured all year but comes back next week. The main reason they drafted him Lovie Smith said" we couldn't pass on his hands" Glennon checks down a lot and of course the Bucs are behind a lot. Nice ppr formula for success. Worth a shot. I grabbed him in two leagues and will see about the third tonight.

:thumbsup: I have Doug Martin...I can't wait to get to a point this season where I don't feel like I "have to start" him.

Let me ask this:

I am really thin at RB (LeSean McCoy, Doug Martin, Isiah Crowell, Travaris Cadet, Devonta Freeman, and Bryce Brown)... I am obviously starting McCoy this week...who would be your #2 guy?

I like Cadet. Bree's is going to dump it off to that guy in what may be a shootout with GB. Crowell behind Tate. Martin is Martin. Bryce Brown would be ok if he wasn't on the road playing a good run d. If it's me I'm taking a shot on Cadet.

I like Cadet. Bree's is going to dump it off to that guy in what may be a shootout with GB. Crowell behind Tate. Martin is Martin. Bryce Brown would be ok if he wasn't on the road playing a good run d. If it's me I'm taking a shot on Cadet.

Yeah...I am leaning toward Cadet. The Bills fan in me wants to roll with Brown, but the other Bills fan in me keeps trying to talk him out of it...Jets defense scares me a little, especially at home. I feel like Martin, assuming he plays, is good for about 7 or 8 points... thing about Cadet, so far (small sample size I realize) he doesn't appear to be much of a runner, just a pass catcher out ot the backfiled...even still, I think he can at least match Martin, point wise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.