Aaron Williams gets us a lot closer yesterday.

qblax16

Greatest Current Starting QB without a ring and current starting QB with the most rings too.

In what category would you put Fitzpatrick? And in hindsight, Bills lucked out because Miami's defense played a game tailored to EJ's strengths by leaving middle of the field wide open. Good to have good luck like that and a great FG kicker for a change.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In what category would you put Fitzpatrick? And in hindsight, Bills lucked out because Miami's defense played a game tailored to EJ's strengths by leaving middle of the field wide open. Good to have good luck like that and a great FG kicker for a change.

Fitz didn't win the game with his passing attack. The Bills lost the game with the pick-6 and abysmal QB play.

I'm not sticking up for McKelvin, but you could tell on one of those touchdowns he let the receiver go by expecting safty help (probably by design) and Corey Graham was not even close so Mckelving tried to chase the reciver down but by that time was too late. It looked to me as though Nikel Robey and Corey graham were out of position alot in this game and McKelvin and Gilmore were the ones that looked bad because of it. Gilmore couldn't have played the wide receiver better on the TD. So for me it was more the safties and Robey than it was Gilmore and Mckelvin.

I also can't believe people are complaining about Orton, he's passed for more yards in two games than Manuel did in 4 games, we lost the game because of poor pass defense, and poor offensive line play. Sure Orton threw a pick, thats on him, but every QB is going to through picks here and there. The fumble was on Glenn who clearly got beaten. When will this line learn to pass and run block...

Really hurt not having Aaron Williams in the secondary today. Not saying we'd win if he'd been able to play, but would have really helped our chances.

We can get away with one below average safety with Aaron out there. We were exposed, and it wasn't the linebackers who were the problem in coverage this week like I feared all week.

Side note - I think I just saw Gilmore get beat for another TD.

Yeah aw is a beast. Really surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of him being out.

Gilmore gets beat on a lot, but I thought mckelvin and dookie looked like the weak links in the secondary.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

That TD was to the deep middle. That was Grahams fault. He was beaten badly. Gilmore almost made a great play. Gilmore is fine. The lack of blitzing and the safety play was awful yesterday.

That was not Gilmore's fault. He had outside position and it was pretty obvious based on Graham's reaction that he was responsible for the inside, yet he let the WR blow by him. Gilmore was exactly where he was supposed to be and almost made up for Graham's mistake.

It's amazing to me that anybody considers this to be on Gilmore. Just watch the play.

I will be anxious to see the All-22 this week to discover what the Patriots did (or the Bills didn't do) that gave Brady so much time in the 2nd half. The defensive line had him befuddled in the first half, but allowed him to get very comfortable in the 2nd. The lack of pressure (plus the absence of A. Williams) played a role in the secondary breakdowns. I wonder of D. Williams is this year's version of J. Rogers?

Edited by 2003Contenders

I will be anxious to see the All-22 this week to discover what the Patriots did (or the Bills didn't do) that gave Brady so much time in the 2nd half. The defensive line had him befuddled in the first half, but allowed him to get very comfortable in the 2nd. The lack of pressure (plus the absence of A. Williams) played a role in the secondary breakdowns. I wonder of D. Williams is this year's version of J. Rogers?

The very first thing that I noticed coming out of the half was that NE immediately and consistently began attacking the edges of Buffalo's defense. They also played a lot more 2-TE sets and kept 7 in to block on many occasions.

The very first thing that I noticed coming out of the half was that NE immediately and consistently began attacking the edges of Buffalo's defense. They also played a lot more 2-TE sets and kept 7 in to block on many occasions.

This was key to their success. I thought our DL did a pretty good job overall, but our back 7 simply sucked. Granted, Gronk was a matchup problem, but when you are consistently getting beat by 3 receivers in the pattern because they are keeping 7 in to block, you have issues. 7 pass defenders vs. 3 receivers should have been a win for the Bills far more than it was. I gotta credit Brady for that, too, though.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9