Obama's Failures Make The Case For Limited Government

3rdnlng

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/failure-upon-failure_810899.html?page=1

A year before his first inauguration, Barack Obama laid out the objective of his presidency: to renew faith and trust in -activist government and transform the country. In an hourlong interview with the editorial board of the Reno Gazette-Journal on January 16, 2008, Obama said that his campaign was already “shifting the political paradigm” and promised that his presidency would do the same. His model would be Ronald Reagan, who “put us on a fundamentally different path,” in a way that distinguished him from leaders who were content merely to occupy the office. “I think that Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not. And in a way that Bill Clinton did not.”

WELL.v20-06.2014-10-20.Hayes_.TWS_PhotoIllustration.jpg

WEEKLY STANDARD PHOTO ILLUSTRATION

If Reagan sought to minimize the role of government in the lives of Americans, Obama set out to do the opposite. “We’ve had a federal government that I think has gotten worn down and ineffective over the course of the Bush administration, partly because philosophically this administration did not believe in government as an agent of change,” he complained.

“I want to make government cool again,” he said.

Obama believed in government, and he was confident that his election would signal that the American people were ready to believe again, too.

As we approach the sixth anniversary of his election, the Obama presidency is in tatters. Obama’s policies, foreign and domestic, are widely seen as failed or failing. His approval rating is near its lowest point. Obama’s base of support is loyal and fierce and shrinking. Much of the country sees him as incompetent or untrustworthy, and government, far from being “cool,” is a joke on good days and a threat on bad ones.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/failure-upon-failure_810899.html?page=1

A year before his first inauguration, Barack Obama laid out the objective of his presidency: to renew faith and trust in -activist government and transform the country. In an hourlong interview with the editorial board of the Reno Gazette-Journal on January 16, 2008, Obama said that his campaign was already “shifting the political paradigm” and promised that his presidency would do the same. His model would be Ronald Reagan, who “put us on a fundamentally different path,” in a way that distinguished him from leaders who were content merely to occupy the office. “I think that Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not. And in a way that Bill Clinton did not.”

WELL.v20-06.2014-10-20.Hayes_.TWS_PhotoIllustration.jpg

WEEKLY STANDARD PHOTO ILLUSTRATION

If Reagan sought to minimize the role of government in the lives of Americans, Obama set out to do the opposite. “We’ve had a federal government that I think has gotten worn down and ineffective over the course of the Bush administration, partly because philosophically this administration did not believe in government as an agent of change,” he complained.

“I want to make government cool again,” he said.

Obama believed in government, and he was confident that his election would signal that the American people were ready to believe again, too.

As we approach the sixth anniversary of his election, the Obama presidency is in tatters. Obama’s policies, foreign and domestic, are widely seen as failed or failing. His approval rating is near its lowest point. Obama’s base of support is loyal and fierce and shrinking. Much of the country sees him as incompetent or untrustworthy, and government, far from being “cool,” is a joke on good days and a threat on bad ones.

Obama never defined what he meant by "shifting political paradigm". We certainly know now that his intent all along was to change the electorate and to create greater social and economic justice for minorities and lower income people. He probably sees his policies as very favorable as he has made substantial gains in achieving his goals for our country. He never had any intention of governing in a way that the majority would find favorable.

Obama never defined what he meant by "shifting political paradigm". We certainly know now that his intent all along was to change the electorate and to create greater social and economic justice for minorities and lower income people. He probably sees his policies as very favorable as he has made substantial gains in achieving his goals for our country. He never had any intention of governing in a way that the majority would find favorable.

He may see it that way but in reality his solutions only hurt the people he supposedly wants to help.

With all due respect 3rdnlng, the case for limited government is codified in the United States' Constitution.

What we have going on now is a variation of mob rule where the leader of the mob is untouchable and is taking the executive's usurpation of power to a new level.

Speculate as one might, but a Republican prince who acted in this manner would not have such free a hand. However, if he took a page from this miscreant's Chicago playbook one wonders how many scandals it would take to make the media and electorate jaded.

Oh, and do you have the hiccoughs today?

Edited by Nanker

With all due respect 3rdnlng, the case for limited government is codified in the United States' Constitution.

What we have going on now is a variation of mob rule where the leader of the mob is untouchable and is taking the executive's usurpation of power to a new level.

Speculate as one might, but a Republican prince who acted in this manner would not have such free a hand. However, if he took a page from this miscreant's Chicago playbook one wonders how many scandals it would take to make the media and electorate jaded.

Oh, and do you have the hiccoughs today?

Well, I tried to cure the hiccups but it seems that ability has been taken from us peons. The delete button is gone on the edit function. BTW, you know I'm a proponent of limited government unless you've been ignoring my posts for the last few years.

The Obama Legacy and his defenders reminds me of the dark days of the JP Losman era.

Kids got talent, he just needs time to develop

Well maybe if he had a better running game

His receivers aren't doing him any favors

The O-Line is getting him killed

The coaching staff isn't using him properly

Maybe if the defense would back him up

Drafting Trent Edwards will stunt JPs development

So many failures

So many excuses

Neither belonged in the big leagues