College games Bills are scouting today

YoloinOhio

For CFB fans, here are the games the Bills sent scouts to today:

LSU v. Florida SECN 7:30 est

Michigan v. PSU ESPN2 7 est

Top players: LSU (OL La'el Collins, OL Vadal Alexander, DB Jalen Mills); Florida (DE Dante Fowler, CB Vernon Hargreaves, LB Antonio Morrison).

Penn State (QB Christian Hackenberg, OL Donovan Smith, DE Deion Barnes); Michigan (WR Devin Funchess, LB Jake Ryan, DE Frank Clark).

They list Funchess as a WR because UM is using him that way but he's a TE in the NFL. Er, pass catcher.

http://t.co/HpjZTulsD0 http://t.co/vaIXfiMfNM

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hargreaves is gonna be a star... Best CB in college.

After Penn St disastrous offensive performances past few games, i highly doubt Hackenberg comes out after sophmore yr, he definitely would benefit from staying in school at least another year.

Funchess is a very interesting prospect... Would be the pass catching TE Bills havent had in years. Considering how fast we are at the skill positions with most of our RB's and WR's, our TE's are turtles... Chandler makes 1 catch every few games that makes u go WOW! then is total dud. Turns back late for ball. Catches 4 yard pass gets tackled or knocked out of bounds without even falling forward! has a ball clank off him... He's one of my most frustrating players on team to watch!

You could add a number of OG's to the list that the Bills are likely scouting or at least should be:

Laken Tomlinson - Duke

Christian Lombard - Notre Dame

Shaq Mason - GT

Jarvis Harrison - Texas A&M

AJ Cann - South Carolina

I've been really disappointed in the way that Hackenburg has looked so far this year.

I chalk it up to a new system and he just needs to grow as a QB. He has the arm strength, the toughness, and will pull it together once he gets things down. He also lost a few weapons from last year. Robinson was a big time target and I think his loss has hurt the most because Hackenberg really relied on him so much last year. Like I said, he is only a Sophomore. Next year if he struggles then I'll tell you how the crow tastes, lol. :)

I've been really disappointed in the way that Hackenburg has looked so far this year.

he has no protection or run game. Their scholarship limitations have killed the talent pool. Next year, he should have more because Franklin has been recruiting really well and they got scholarships back. I still think that system Franklin runs isn't the best for him. Then again he looked awful at OSU last year but I attributed that to the night road game as a freshman. He will be interesting to watch next year.

Hargreaves is gonna be a star... Best CB in college.

After Penn St disastrous offensive performances past few games, i highly doubt Hackenberg comes out after sophmore yr, he definitely would benefit from staying in school at least another year.

Funchess is a very interesting prospect... Would be the pass catching TE Bills havent had in years. Considering how fast we are at the skill positions with most of our RB's and WR's, our TE's are turtles... Chandler makes 1 catch every few games that makes u go WOW! then is total dud. Turns back late for ball. Catches 4 yard pass gets tackled or knocked out of bounds without even falling forward! has a ball clank off him... He's one of my most frustrating players on team to watch!

i believe Hack is a true sophomore, so he has to play another year, regardless. Edited by YoloinOhio

Penn State has a very young team. They stressed getting young with the expectation of a longer probation period. What has hurt Hackenburg this season is that his running game is moribound. His OL at this point is overmatched. He should stay in school for at least another couple of years. What has impressed me most about him especially in his fresshman year is that he has a feel for the position. You can't teach that. While EJ is mechanical playing the position Hackenberg moves much more naturally.

Hackenburg is the type of talent that after another year or two he is going to be a coveted player at the top of the draft. His style of play reminds me of Brady. If you are a Bills' fan it is acceptable to "lust" for him.

Just to be clear, I like Hackenburg as a prospect (quite a bit). He just is looking awfully Ryan Malletish to me this year. I have been waiting for him to become a star with that size and arm talent (just haven't seen it yet).

interestingly with Mallet, he did the opposite of Hack when Rich Rod got to UM. He transferred to a system that would suit him. Hack is going to stick it out and Franklin is going to worry more about trying to win than run a system that showcases and develops Hack for the NFL (as it should be). Mallet was good but not great at Arkansas but I just don't think he's that smart. We shall see if he can unseat Fitzy.

Just to be clear, I like Hackenburg as a prospect (quite a bit). He just is looking awfully Ryan Malletish to me this year. I have been waiting for him to become a star with that size and arm talent (just haven't seen it yet).

Get him a more effective OL and you will see it. He is still a very young qb who has a lot of room to grow. What he accomplished last year as a true freshman and under a program undergoing tumolt was quite impressive. When he comes out in the draft (not this year) in my estimation he is going to be a near top of the draft pick.

Markus Golden is another guy to keep an eye on at the DE position from Missouri. He'll be facing Georgia, minus Todd Gurley of course, today.

good call. That's the game I'm watching.

@jasonrmcintyre: If you were gonna skip Georgia/Missouri because Todd Gurley is out...Missouri has a lightning fast DE NFL scouts love http://t.co/XOFJy1Isvt

Hackenberg is only a Sophomore, but he has the look of a Franchise QB in the making.

:thumbsup:

Hackenburg is struggling this year because of the lack of talent around him and in Franklin new system. He was recruited to run o'Brien's offense.

That has been disappointing this year, hopefully he adjusts if not he may have to transfer to school with a pro style offense