Welcome to our world, Texans

dezertbill

Thank God we don't have to deal with Fitznightmare anymore. Don't miss these days...

Some folks down south aren't as fortunate as us. When you look up average or frustrating in the dictionary, you'll see a bearded photo of our Ivy League bud.

Well see where Orton takes us, but I'd take him over Fitzpatrick any day of the week, and 3 times on Sunday.

What was Bill O'Brien thinking. All he had to do is call Chan Galley, who rode Fitzpatrick straight into the unemployment line.

http://hou.scout.com/story/1460455-o-brien-has-to-make-a-decision-on-fitzpatrick

Edited by dezertbill

Not arguing your intent here, but just remember that in 2011 and 2012, in addition to Fitz eventually getting exposed, if the Bills had anything resembling a better than average defense, those teams would have won a few more games. Those offenses were putting up points, the defense just couldn't stop anybody.

Some around here are kind of forgetting that the Texans were 2-14 last year and have already past that win total in a quarter of a season.

In short, rail on him if you will but that teams qb play has improved; and I don't think anyone in Houston seriously thinks Fitzy is a long term solution but, like us, they are probably happy being 3-2.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

What was Bill O'Brien thinking. All he had to do is call Chan Galley, who rode Fitzpatrick straight into the unemployment line.

Well, it appears that he'd seen enough of Case Keenum (the guy with zero NFL victories beside his name) to not have to bother going through the motions of an evaluation season or even quarter of a season. Which is actual good coaching, as the Texans have won more games in that month than they won all of last year.

Now if O'Brien offers Fitzpatrick a "solid NFL starter contract" and diddles away 3 years with up-and-down mediocrity with him as his only option, then we can start scratching our heads. But something -- the Ryan Mallett deal -- tells me O'Brien and the Texans are not going to be asleep at the wheel.

I thought Fitz was better than average . Fearless. Forced the ball a few too many times a game. but he made some big throws. was victim of circumstance (horrible defensive team).. move on.

Better than average implies top 16 and he's not. He's lucky if you can work him to 20

Some around here are kind of forgetting that the Texans were 2-14 last year and have already past that win total in a quarter of a season.

In short, rail on him if you will but that teams qb play has improved; and I don't think anyone in Houston seriously thinks Fitzy is a long term solution but, like us, they are probably happy being 3-2.

And truly, what better option did The Texans have? He's a good bandaid solution

Still kicking Fitz's corpse? At what point will you and others get bored of that tired act? The guy played well for his abilities and gave us some fun memories, but I guess if you were expecting him to be Drew Brees you are obviously still nursing psychological scars.

Maybe we should start a new poll: Who do the denizens of this board love to hate more: Fiz or Eli Manning?