With their 1st pick in the draft,

Tipster19

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see who has the best bead on this team. I say safety. Milloy is expensive and aging while Vincent already aged. Coy Wire ain't cutting it. It's time to groom for the future.

222841[/snapback]

I'd guess an OG assuming that 1st Pick is still in the middle of Round #2...

I think the Bills are comfortable at S especially if Vincent is there for good...<_<

Maybe I missed something here. The post is asking for what position YOU would draft.

Anything but safety. <_<

Actually I don't have a clue since there's FA before the draft so they may fill some holes there, and I don't know if they'll get an extra 2nd for Travis. Those 2 things will change what position(s) I think they'll draft.

As things stand now definately OG but if Jennings is lost and no vet brought in to replace him then definately OT. As I don't see Ross Tucker as a full time starter and Mike Pucillo won't even get an offer sheet.

222855[/snapback]

if i was TD i'd give pucillo an offer sheet with a 0 on it and take it in the bathroom with me

prolly best offer he'll get

I'll go with OT on the assumption that Jennings bolts. To be honest, I'm not all that impressed with the safeties that are rated to be drafted in the second half of the second round. They are:

Donte Nicholson - Strong safety from Oklahoma. He would be OK. Good athlete, not great in coverage.

Josh Bullocks - FS from Nebraska. a little light and not very fast

Brodney Pool - FS from Oklahoma Probably the best of this group with good size and decent speed. Run support isn't great. There is a fair chance he'll be gone by the time the Bills draft.

Hey Tigerj, thanks for the info. I'll be the 1st to admit that I don't too much about what actual talent is available in the draft. If there isn't a solid talent when we pick at the safety position then I would like to Buffalo fortify the LB position, especially the MLB spot. It wouldn't hurt to have a potential bright talent there for the future.

nate will be extended.  he was TDs first pick with the bills, and IMO his 3rd best move as GM, behind only drafting McGahee (1st) and the fleecing of Atlanta (2nd)

222891[/snapback]

wouldn't the fleecing of atlanta and picking up macgahee be the same move?

no, TD got the 23rd in a stroke of brilliance then could have picked a number of players with the 23rd pick that year.

i'm kinda drunk right now, so pardon me if i miss a couple

mcgahee

dallas clark (TE was a need)

william joseph (stud who fell thru the draft)

kwame harris

larry johnson (2000 yard rb without a bum knee)

andre woolfork

eric steinbach

rasheen mathis

chris kelsay (our 2nd round pick, projected as a 1st)

wouldn't the fleecing of atlanta and picking up macgahee be the same move?

222915[/snapback]