With their 1st pick in the draft,

Tipster19

Im wondering why everyone seems to think we need to draft/ufa a RB and S.... I think shaud williams did a good job behind McGahee..unless its the joe burns/3rd RB spot that everyones worried about...as for safety I think baker could be a good one with some more experience..or is it everyone thinks that PP/IR/CW will all be cut and we need depth...maybe im wrong but I see other needs b4 RB/S..lol I realized while writing this i might have answered my own ??'s about y .. :lol: ..anyways if theres other reasons I still would like to know

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im wondering why everyone seems to think we need to draft/ufa a RB and S.... I think shaud williams did a good job behind McGahee..unless its the joe burns/3rd RB spot that everyones worried about...as for safety I think baker could be a good one with some more experience..or is it everyone thinks that PP/IR/CW will all be cut and we need depth...maybe im wrong but I see other needs b4 RB/S..lol I realized while writing this i might have answered my own ??'s about y .. :lol: ..anyways if theres other reasons I still would like to know

223611[/snapback]

The reason I think we need to draft a rb and safety respecitvly are as follows

1. Mcgahee- While he showed what he can do this past year, and I believe he will only get better. The fact remains he has durability issues yet. The what if's are always gonna be there, and I'd rather be prepared for those what if's by bringing in someone who can shoulder the load. Shaud Williams while a good change of pace back, can't do this neither can Joe Burns

2. Safety- Izell Reese Gone, Coy Wire- Good special teams players not a guy you want as your future strong safety. Pierson Priaelou- good in blitz packages, and ok backup. Issues with what he costs against the cap. Rashad Baker- I love the kid but he is more of a fs, who will see playing in different situations, but the biggest reason is. Milloy probably won't be around that much longer, so it would be nice if we can bring someone in through the draft have them under tutelage for a year or 2 and than hopefully go from there.

Let's see who has the best bead on this team. I say safety. Milloy is expensive and aging while Vincent already aged. Coy Wire ain't cutting it. It's time to groom for the future.

222841[/snapback]

Best player available, without reaching for a Ryan Denney or Josh Reed.