EJ puts receivers at risk!

Mij yllek

Any thoughts on this article?

Was there about to be a WR's mutiny?

http://www.cbssports...eouts-in-danger

It's the truth... he's laying guys out to dry on EASY passes.... Even when he hits a pass, it was rare he hit guy in stride so our WR's could get some YAC which should be a strength of his WR corp.

I fully expect to O to rally hard around Orton. He may have less "talent" than EJ, but will make smarter reads and when an "easy" play is there (and there have been plenty) he will hit open WR's.

It's not like EJ was trying to thread needles on most pass attempts... Most passes have been well off target and WR's are just left shaking their heads on alot of plays. When a WR gets open and has running room on top of it, and ball is thrown well behind him and needs to make accrobatic attempt just to TRY and haul it in, let alone catch and gain some extra yards. It's gotta be very frustrating when u run a nice route, beat your man then see a ball sail 8 yards above your head and 3 yards behind u and u try and stop while running 1 direction, reach back 2 try and make grab then get POPPED by DB on a ball that should have been thrown to lead u 3 yards into the catch and then pick up some YAC and avoid big hits.

There is no doubt EJ was putting the ball in places that exposes the WR to a big hit too often. I was of the opinion that it was too early to bench him as he had shown enough to get more time. However, the body language last week of the WRs said a lot and if they are not focused on the game and worried about the hit then they can't do their job and making the switch makes more sense. I don't agree with woods effort last week and still think he should have some repercussions, but I also can see why.

I didn't like the EJ pick mostly because I didn't know a lot about him in college, but I also was happy we had a QB that wasn't Fitzcraptrick. I have defended EJ about being prematurely labeled a bust as my stance is just that it was too early to tell if he can be our starter or a bust. But at the end of the day, I want to win and win this division. If Orton can do that then fantastic. I just don't have a lot of faith in Orton, but I hope he's the second coming of Rich Gannon.