Sunday Ticket and the FCC

USMCBillsFan

Just wondering how big a hit you guys think Sunday Ticket will take should they lift the black out rule. I know some live out of market and get it for that reason and the fantasy players will probably keep it. But I'm curious if Directv is stressing about this potential ruling.

should have zero impact. Games blacked out on DTV too...

i dont see how this impacts DTV at all considering you dont get locally televised games with the ticket anyway and that wont change as local broadcasters want you watching loclally broadcast games on local channels so you get local commercials

Edited by Max997

There was talk that the FCC rule might have little effect because the NFL and the networks who own broadcasting rights can agree not to broadcast games that aren't sold out over the local airwaves.

The interesting part is that Cable providers could pick up out of town broadcasts and play them in local areas and basically then create their our NFL Ticket stations.

There was talk that the FCC rule might have little effect because the NFL and the networks who own broadcasting rights can agree not to broadcast games that aren't sold out over the local airwaves.

The interesting part is that Cable providers could pick up out of town broadcasts and play them in local areas and basically then create their our NFL Ticket stations.

I don't believe the bolded is correct.