Would EJ start for any other NFL team right now ?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty easy question, would he??

Yes. The Jets would start him if they drafted him. So would Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, and St Louis.

Or would you prefer Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Bryan Hoyer, Derek Carr, or Shaun Hill over EJ?

Edited by Campy

I think he's better than Geno, Fitz, Tannehill

Yeah, I don't know if I can say he's a clear upgrade over Geno or Fitz. I don't think he's an upgrade over Tannehill though.

Really though, we're talking about him maybe being an upgrade over bottom of the barrel QBs. That doesn't make me feel any better.

Yes. The Jets would start him if they drafted him. So would Miami, Cleveland, Oakland, and St Louis.

Or would you prefer Geno Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Bryan Hoyer, Derek Carr, or Shaun Hill over EJ?

I'm not talking draft or commitments of any kind, like you're talking (on your own). If EJ was presented to another team without any obligations, would be be that team's starting QB ? Don't over-think this, just answer the question.

I'm not talking draft or commitments of any kind, like you're talking (on your own). If EJ was presented to another team without any obligations, would be be that team's starting QB ? Don't over-think this, just answer the question.

I did.

Well there is this tweet on the front page. "EJ Manuel now has a 19.8 QBR on the season, 32nd among 33 qualified quarterbacks. Only Chad Henne has been (was?) worse." So since Henne is no longer starting, Im not so sure.

He's been 32nd at QBR out of 34 QB's, one guy must of fallen off the list & Henne is playing soon barring a castaphroe. How far away is the next highest QBR's (31?) ?

The answer is, probably yes. Whether he's better right now that everyone else is not the only thing that matters. If the Bills thought EJ was as good today as he's going to get, he'd deserve to be cut. They look at him as a red-shirt rookie, who is learning as he goes, and they see enough potential to keep him on the field even if he costs the team wins that they could reasonably get with an average QB. So the reason he would probably start for other teams is that they have immediate AND longer term needs, and they're looking ahead.

Well there is this tweet on the front page. "EJ Manuel now has a 19.8 QBR on the season, 32nd among 33 qualified quarterbacks. Only Chad Henne has been (was?) worse." So since Henne is no longer starting, Im not so sure.

First QB since Brady Quinn to have a QBR under 10 in consecutive full games. So he's got that going for him also.