Time to Start Orton

rcatty

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week I started a thread to see how people felt, it was a poll.... 25% wanted Orton to start against the Texans.

Wonder what the percentage would be this week... last week I voted EJ... but... I don't know man... *sigh*

I'd really, ideally, like to give him time to develop. But we need a QB to be able to hit open WRs at the very least. We have a very talented team, a team that should make it to the playoffs.

Edited by Dorkington

If we suck with Orton, at least we can evaluate it wasn't the QB, but the coaching or the team. I don't think so. Orton would have made so many passes today to M. Williams, Woods, and Watson.

We blew so many obvious first downs, it was ridiculous. It's not 100% EJ's fault, but god was it bad against a lower level QB. We also did not protect EJ with Watt.

Why didn't we have Dixon on there on more obvious passing downs to chip him better. Our Guards suck, but gosh.

I've not been so mad about a game in a long time. It told me we'll suck again this year. This is now getting dangerously close to half my life the Bills suck.

I'm not as upset with EJ as I am with our decision to draft him...this from his scouting report...WEAKNESSES: He has a tendency to force throws into coverage trying to make a play. His decision-making and field vision are suspect. He struggles to work through progressions and often takes off running too quickly. Manuel has some accuracy issues as well. Short throws are often low or wide and his deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

If we suck with Orton, at least we can evaluate it wasn't the QB, but the coaching or the team. I don't think so. Orton would have made so many passes today to M. Williams, Woods, and Watson.

We blew so many obvious first downs, it was ridiculous. It's not 100% EJ's fault, but god was it bad against a lower level QB. We also did not protect EJ with Watt.

Why didn't we have Dixon on there on more obvious passing downs to chip him better. Our Guards suck, but gosh.

I've not been so mad about a game in a long time. It told me we'll suck again this year. This is now getting dangerously close to half my life the Bills suck.

pretty much

I'm not as upset with EJ as I am with our decision to draft him...this from his scouting report...WEAKNESSES: He has a tendency to force throws into coverage trying to make a play. His decision-making and field vision are suspect. He struggles to work through progressions and often takes off running too quickly. Manuel has some accuracy issues as well. Short throws are often low or wide and his deep ball accuracy is uneven, as well. Gets happy feet under pressure, spins to the outside to avoid the rush. Must step into his throws more consistently to fully utilize his arm strength.

yep

How would the staff or FO pull something like this off, and save face? It would be impossible.

Saving face? I'd rather us get wins. If Orton can get us wins (dunno if he can or not, he hasn't played a whole lot in recent years), then we need to play him. We can't waste the other talent on this team.

Saving face? I'd rather us get wins. If Orton can get us wins (dunno if he can or not, he hasn't played a whole lot in recent years), then we need to play him. We can't waste the other talent on this team.

they will lose their jobs if they don't win

They have gone all in on EJ. They make the change, and they are all done. As it is, if I am Pegula, they would all be gone in any event. I would bring in a high-profile winner to run the team I just spent $1.4B on.

I'm so pissed BB. You called it early last year on EJ. I wished him pretty, or another sales mgmt phrase is "placing lipstick on a pig". It just doesn't work.

I bow to you my friend. You will never hear me say anything positive on EJ again. I'm sick of the excuses.

Well if he does good you can say good things :D

I know, this was how he was in college so it's rare for a QB to be just OK in college and then be great in the pros

They have gone all in on EJ. They make the change, and they are all done. As it is, if I am Pegula, they would all be gone in any event. I would bring in a high-profile winner to run the team I just spent $1.4B on.

yep, Jim Harbaugh needs a fresh start