Positional Needs

Astrobot

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed. Second thought. TE talent is something we need more then OG. We have OG's. We don't have TE's.

Now this has reversed itself, IMO.

According to ProFootballFocus Premium Stats, Erik Pears is rated #72 OG out of 72. IR'ed Chris Williams is the cream of the crap at #61, and Newbie Cyril Richardson is #69.

I have moved OG up to P2 and moved QB down to P2.

Chandler is showing his best work. I'm moving TE to P3

According to ProFootballFocus Premium Stats, Erik Pears is rated #72 OG out of 72. IR'ed Chris Williams is the cream of the crap at #61, and Newbie Cyril Richardson is #69.

Oh gosh yes. Complete 1260 degree turn, because those OG's went down the drain.

I honestly think our biggest issue on offense is coaching. We have talent on that side of the ball. Pears, Urbik and Wood have all played decently enough under previous regimes. The current staff is not getting the most out of their playoffs. I don't think these coaches belong in the NFL. Keep the same roster and bring in competent coaches and we'd be in the playoffs.

Rightly so Astro. Chandler led the team in receptions in 2013, and would catch more if thrown more to him. Or if the team game planned more around him. The problem is he can't block every well, and runs like molasses in January. Then he falls down at the sight of a tackler. So yes, a better TE is needed, kinda like the way the Patriots keep trying to get better TE's. Gronk is almost unstoppable with a LBer or DB on him.

The Bills currently don't even have a viable starting OG on the roster between Pears, Urbik and Richardson. :sick: No offense to Richardson but 5th round OG's are usually developmental players that may take awhile to become a starter. Thrown into the fire like he has been may or may not be a good way to learn. We will see at the end of the season.

How on earth will we know if EJ or any other QB will be able to be properly developed behind the worst ranked line in the NFL. We won't, and we will just keep chasing our tail on QB's until the line grades out as a good unit.

Obviously right now two OG's, and a top TE. No other area of the team has this great a need IMO.

Things could change on the QB aspect, and should Cyril Richardson, Chris Hairston fail to improve the line play then we won't even know if EJ can fulfill his potential.

If this team doesn't win more then eight games then the coaching staff should be the first priority. I don't see how Marrone keeps his job considering he is a supposed O line guru, and yet fields one of the worst lines in recent years.

BINGO!!!!

In the NE game, the run blocking liabilities were, in order:

1. Seantrel Henderson, minus 2.2 going vs. Wilfork or Chris Jones

2. Eric Wood, minus 1.8 going vs. Wilfork or Casey Walker

3. Scott Chandler, minus 1.2

The run-blocking assets were, in order:

1. Cordy Glenn, plus 1.8 going vs. Chandler Jones

2. Cyril Richardson, plus 1.3

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro 2m2 minutes ago

Hearing #Bills OG play would be better with OC like Gailey (16 W, 32 L). Urbik in Gailey era: #37, #20, #21 Guard. Under Marrone: #20, #26

Draft Shawn Oakman from Baylor, DE - hoping like hell there is a way he falls into the mid 2nd round haha...but highly doubtful....(maybe because teams see him as "too raw"?)

6-9, 280 pounds of pure disruption....

Maybe he can even play guard? I kid, I kid...