More advice: RB help, week 4

Buftex

So, because of bye weeks and injuries, I am very thin at running back this week...hell, even if everyone was available, I have some isssues at the positon. Mine is a PPR league.

My question to you TBD experts, which running back to start at the RB#2 spot:

RB#1: LeSean McCoy

Who at #2?

Doug Martin (TB) @Pittsburgh

OR

D'Angelo Williams (CAR) @Baltimore

Both Martin and Williams are coming off injuries and haven't played since week 1. All of the commercial FF sites are ranking Martin as a better start than Willams...but I am not completely sold. Because of other injuries at the position, it appears that Williams will be the primary runner for the Panthers (Stewart and Tolbert both out), and he is a pretty decent receiver out of the backfield as well. I could see him finishing with 40 yards rushing, and 3 receptions for 27 yards and a TD. That would be 15 pts in my league.

With Martin, he would likely be the featured runner, but not necessarily. I think the Bucs want to be a running team, but even when all healthy, none of their backs have really stood out as being much better than the other...it almost seems like Martin is either going to have a huge day, or do nothing at all most weeks.

What you think?

Williams hands down.

I own Martin and he is horrid. I bet he gets injured before halftime.

CBF

Yeah, killed me to have to draft Martin...only thing saving my bacon right now is that I have a good set of receivers, and most all of them are producing every week. My running backs have been duds. I picked McCoy with the first pick of the draft...all the guides had either him, Charles or Peterson as the hands-down #1 guy in the draft....glad I picked McCoy..but he isn't lighting it up either...but at least he is playing!

Doug and it isn't even close.

All the sites agree with you on Martin...except Rotoworld, the one I find most useful. Gonna have to sleep on this one another night or two...

I have had D'Angelo Williams a time or two over the years. He is capable of a 2 or 3 very productive games per year...I kind of feel, given the health of the other running backs on the Panthers, this could be one of those games...

All the sites agree with you on Martin...except Rotoworld, the one I find most useful. Gonna have to sleep on this one another night or two...

I have had D'Angelo Williams a time or two over the years. He is capable of a 2 or 3 very productive games per year...I kind of feel, given the health of the other running backs on the Panthers, this could be one of those games...

Martin. For the same reason I like Glennon ;)

I like Williams more. I feel like Martin is just living on those few huge games he had at the end of his rookie year. Williams has no competition at all in the backfield. He will get all passes and red zone touches. Martin will have to split with Rainey and plays for the Bucs :sick:

With McCown out for TB, and Rainey showing enough productivity to get a sizable portion of the carries, I'd be worried about Martin. He's on the road with a leg injury, but so is Williams.

With Tolbert and Stewart (likely) out for the Panthers, Williams should get a greater percentage of the carries than Martin. Also, given the the QB situation and the team's records, it seems much more likely the Panthers will be playing with a lead and not abandoning the run to catch up, versus the Bucs. Rainey also seems to be more a part of the TB passing game if they are trying that approach.

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2014/9/25/6847433/deangelo-williams-injury-fantasy-football-panthers-running-backs

Martin, injury prone with flashes of brilliance or DWills, injury prone with flashes of janitorial work. I have no idea how anyone who has played fantasy football would rank DW over DM.

For a single game, under the circumstances we just saw, sure I would.

Long term, no way would I want DeAngelo on my team!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.