Lenny P has some Bills stuff in Tip Sheet

jahnyc

The date on the Tip Sheet is January 21 but I think it is current.

Lenny P notes:

1. Donahoe showing flexibility in trading within division means he is serious in desire to trade Henry. Could package a number 2 for Henry and current number 2 to move into the first round.

2. Van Pelt has had some interviews entry level coaching offensive assistant positions, could end up in San Fran as quaterback's coach.

3. Many good guards will be available in free agency. I think this is potentially very good news for the Bills.

4. Philly will likely franchise tag Simon. Does this mean Tra Thomas will be available in free agency (I think he is a free agent)?

5. Talks about the assistant coach moves. I thought Krumrie's and Blackmon's contracts expired. Did they get extensions?

John Clayton, in his "Quick Hits," describes Van Pelt as a "hot coaching commodity."  I am a little surprised that the Bills wouldn't find Van Pelt a spot on the Bills' coaching staff.

222235[/snapback]

Wyche already has enough people to tutor!

Lenny P was on Atlanta radio this afternoon.

Said that Henry will definately be traded and that the bills really want a 2nd for him. In his opinion Henry is proabably worth a 3rd (NE got Dillon for a 2nd last year). Also said that there will most likely be a team out there (mentioned Oakland specifically) that would give up a 2nd to get him.

The trade market in the NFL is so poorly established, things can bounce really quickly. I mean, if Corey Dillon is a #2, then Henry is a #4. If Peerless Price is a #1, then Henry is a top-5 pick. If Lamar Gordon is a #3, Henry is mid-20s first round. And so on.

The trade market in the NFL is so poorly established, things can bounce really quickly.  I mean, if Corey Dillon is a #2, then Henry is a #4.  If Peerless Price is a #1, then Henry is a top-5 pick.  If Lamar Gordon is a #3, Henry is mid-20s first round.  And so on.

222364[/snapback]

Very True...

John Clayton, in his "Quick Hits," describes Van Pelt as a "hot coaching commodity."  I am a little surprised that the Bills wouldn't find Van Pelt a spot on the Bills' coaching staff.

222235[/snapback]

Yea I find that hard to believe that you believe that. I would think he would want to go back to his alma mater of Pittsburgh and work on Wandstedt's staff.

The date on the Tip Sheet is January 21 but I think it is current.

Lenny P notes:

1.  Donahoe showing flexibility in trading within division means he is serious in desire to trade Henry.  Could package a number 2 for Henry and current number 2 to move into the first round.

2.  Van Pelt has had some interviews entry level coaching offensive assistant positions, could end up in San Fran as quaterback's coach.

3.  Many good guards will be available in free agency.  I think this is potentially very good news for the Bills.

4.  Philly will likely franchise tag Simon.  Does this mean Tra Thomas will be available in free agency (I think he is a free agent)?

5.  Talks about the assistant coach moves.  I thought Krumrie's and Blackmon's contracts expired.  Did they get extensions?

222087[/snapback]

I really like the first thing that Lenny wrote. That would be nice to send Travis and our second round pick to Miami for their first rounder.

222235[/snapback]

Which certainly explains why he was in the booth this past season. John Clayton, always with his fingers on the pulse of the NFL. <_<

I really like the first thing that Lenny wrote.  That would be nice to send Travis and our second round pick to Miami for their first rounder.

222457[/snapback]

I say trade Travis Henry and Aaron Schobel for Jason Taylor. :lol:

Prolly have to also swap 2 picks, like our #2 for their #4...

but the Felons get their RB & a fairly solid DE that still has upside.

We get an all-pro DE that may still have a few years left before his skills start to decline.

I'm not sure how much Taylor makes, but after TH is extended,

I bet TH + AS ~= JT cap wise...

maybe in Madden. <_<

I really like the first thing that Lenny wrote.  That would be nice to send Travis and our second round pick to Miami for their first rounder.

222457[/snapback]

Thats NOT wat he is saying at all.

He is saying that we could package our 2nd (that we already have) and a 2nd received from a Henry trade to move into the 1st round. If that happens, it would NOT be Miami, they dont have a 2nd rounder.

The way you took it, he was saying our 2nd and Henry for the 2nd pick overall, I dont see Miami biting on that one. Especially with the QB's dropping and as many as 3 maybe even 4 1st round RB's out there. They get there pick of the litter or the 2nd rated RB, why would they trade WAY down even after getting Henry?

Thats NOT wat he is saying at all.

He is saying that we could package our 2nd (that we already have) and a 2nd received from a Henry trade to move into the 1st round. If that happens, it would NOT be Miami, they dont have a 2nd rounder.

The way you took it, he was saying our 2nd and Henry for the 2nd pick overall, I dont see Miami biting on that one. Especially with the QB's dropping and as many as 3 maybe even 4 1st round RB's out there. They get there pick of the litter or the 2nd rated RB, why would they trade WAY down even after getting Henry?

222564[/snapback]

You're right. Why would they do that? But stranger things have happened, and if things get desperate you never know. If it's not with Miami, maybe with some other team who needs a running back.

222457[/snapback]

Miami has a top 5 pick, correct? They are going to give it to us for a 2nd round pick and Travis Henry?

Sounds OK, but I think that we should hold out for Jonathan Ogden and the Ravens first round pick.