Bills called out on All In w/ Chris Hayes

cage

I'll ask the same question as I did in the previous thread on this subject:

Whose game day experience is lessened by their absence?

Mine and the guys I go to games with. Just because some guys don't care that they are there, it doesn't mean that no one cares that they aren't there. I think the game is better with them. It is a fine tradition that I hope stays.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I copied and pasted the link to make it work.

IMHO, this just adds to the body of evidence that the Bills are a second rate team.

It begs the question, if they cut corners with the cheerleaders, what other corners are they cutting?

I know cheerleaders have nothing to do with the game itself, but the group that is supposed to make people think happy thoughts is instead making people think angry thoughts.

Those days are long gone now

Meh.

Volunteer position with some perks and occasional pay that the team outsourced. But hey, let's pile on the NFL with more faux outrage. Gotta strike while the iron is hot.

pretty much, this will all be forgotten in few years.

Totally disagree with the "2nd rate" part. The Bills have invested heavily in recent years in facilities, scouting, players and technology. You know the things that actually translate to wins and losses. The Jills were contract employees (as many cheerleading teams are). They really don't provide much. Should they have been paid at least minimum wage? Yes. Does their absence make one bit of difference? No. Settle with them and move on.

Agreed on all points.

Meh, I'm not overly concerned about it. Should they have gotten paid at least minimum wage? Yes. Are the Bills at fault, I don't know, I don't have all the facts. I'll let the court system handle it. We'll see what comes of it.

I agree with this, too. If the Bills knew they were dealing with a contractor who used these practices, then I believe they have some responsibility.

I'll ask the same question as I did in the previous thread on this subject:

Whose game day experience is lessened by their absence?

Not mine. Never got the whole cheerleader obsession. But I know some guys (and women) who do.

I don't really get all the bells and whistles some deem necessary these days to improve the NFL gameday experience. A comfortable place to watch the game, with great sightlines, easy access to bathrooms and refreshments and a decent scoreboard are all I really need. I'm there to see the game. I don't need halftime entertainment, cheerleaders, crappy music, the wave, etc.

I'm officially a grumpy old coot when it comes to this crap.

Domestic violence, child abuse, violent behavior in general; all legitimate things to call the NFL to task on.

Jiggle tests and tampon advice? Not so much. And to my knowledge, the Jill's have been more or less run by a woman for years, so this isn't some "poor treatment of women" by the league. They are just using this as an opportunity to leverage the current climate in their favor.

Are you an idiot or do you just enjoy playing one on anonymous internet chat forums?

Did anyone miss the Jills or cheer less at the home opener during the win ?

My GUESS would be that consistent with the NFL strategy to work to get more customers by increasing their outreach t0 women that a new cheerleading squad is developed by the Bills which first gets rid of the 97 Rock idiots or whoever Ralph contracted his name and reputation out to (a dumb move by the Bills because in potential customers eyes even if the Bills are legally insulated from this lawsuit, they have to spend team resources separating them from it and in the end its not 97 Rock whose rep takes any hit it is the Buffalo Bills) they:

1. Reconstitute the cheerleading corps with a mixed group of the usual scantily clad women but also some buff guys, some cheerleaders who are actually athletic and a mixed crew .

2. These people are actually paid (but not overpaid) like real professionals. They have a job to lead cheers and be eyecandy on game days, but their primary jobs are to be ambassadors for the Bills in the community and in whatever financial markets the Bills see it as cost effective to have them work.

3. The new Bill/Jills or whatever name the consultants choose all adopt a charitable area where they work and make a steady # of public appearances.

4. They develop a junior groups which reaches out to educational institutions and weekly selects some number of kids to be Bill/Jills for the week and utilizes this approach to reach out to kids (future customers) fast and hard.

If they want the Bills can do a far better and fiscally more strategic approach to utilizing this asset than the economic butchery the folks they have farmed their name out to have done so far.

If I want to see a woman during a Bills game, I'll turn my head 90 degrees and my wife will be sitting there.

The only reason I'd want to see her on the field is if she ran a 4.3 40 and could catch. Or gained 300 pounds and could block for EJ.

I do like that answer as I have the same kind of wife!

Mine and the guys I go to games with. Just because some guys don't care that they are there, it doesn't mean that no one cares that they aren't there. I think the game is better with them. It is a fine tradition that I hope stays.

I'm not implying that nobody's game day experience is affected, just that it's a very small portion of fans for whom it applies.

Because I fall on the other side of it, I'm genuinely curious: what is it that they add to the game for you and your friends?

I do like that answer as I have the same kind of wife!

As do I...she's usually home with the twins though

The good news is that there were more people watching cartoons last night than there were watching the Chris Hayes show.

The research of all of msnbc programming shows that on average 7 households watch that channel. However, it was found 4 households had the channel on 2 different tvs, thus dropping the average to around 3. I couldn't care less what msnbc says about any subject.