Phil Rivers WANTS to turn the ball over!

#34fan

Gates will be the key to stopping this team. But I'm having a hard time remembering who the WRs for the Chargers were the last time they were here. I know Vincent Jackson was one of them, can't remember the other one. Either way, our D stopped Rivers then, should be able to this time. Slowly but surely, our running game is going to be nasty if EJ keeps playing the same way. Eventually, defenses will try to key in on Manuel. Let's hope we can take advantage of that

Excerpt from article...

"Working under Reich, Rivers completed a team-record and NFL-leading 69.5 pct. of his passes last season (378 of 544) for 4,478 yards (third-highest of his career) with 32 touchdowns (second-most of his career) and just 11 interceptions for a career and team-record-tying passer rating of 105.5"

11 interceptions last yr. Not too shabby.

Frank's return to the Ralph will be epic. Will the sideliners be lobbing D-cells and obscenities his way? (I kid, it's Frank, not Brian Cox) He was probably the smartest QB to ever come through OBD. I hope Schwartz can out-duel him because Frank Reich is a scary dude when it comes to the X's and O's. Can't wait for this matchup.

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

Excerpt from article...

"Working under Reich, Rivers completed a team-record and NFL-leading 69.5 pct. of his passes last season (378 of 544) for 4,478 yards (third-highest of his career) with 32 touchdowns (second-most of his career) and just 11 interceptions for a career and team-record-tying passer rating of 105.5"

11 interceptions last yr. Not too shabby.

Rivers was very good last year and a few years ago, obviously the team looked to ways to help him out and it is working, I think he is a top 5 or ten QB. We have to do good against them though or we are not looking at a good record this season.

The next 4 games are tough, we are off to a good start. The D has to stay healthy and the opponents QBs in check. If this team gets rolling, I don't think we will see a late season collapse unless we really get hit by injuries. I want us to take the next game but if we lose 2 of the next 4, I won't sweat it much. It's not what I expect though eiether GO BILLS!!!

Rivers looked like crap at the end of that Arizona game on Monday night when the Cardinals brought a heavy blitz. Their starting RB Ryan Mathews is out with a sprained MCL, and the Bills will see Danny Woodhead / Donald Brown at RB.

Still, Rivers has some great talent as his disposal in WR Keenan Allen, and TE Antonio Gates. They were a playoff team last year, and just beat the defending SB champs Seattle Seahawks at home.

This will be a tough test for the Bills.

Rivers is a top 10 QB this millennium. If that turd burglar Norv Turner wasn't there to **** on one of the best collections of talent Rivers numbers would be even more impressive.

It is just silly to think Rivers is a weak link.

The problem is what do we do with Antonio Gates. If we can get pressure with just our front four like we have in game 1 and 2, then you can put Searcy AND Brown on him. The problem is that may not be enough. Stop Gates

Edited by Why So Serious?

Based on Whaley's comments on GR this morning, I expect us to play a ball control offense to keep Rivers & Co. off the field as much as possible.

I think this game will come down to our pass rush, getting Rivers back to stay with Gates and RBs coming out of the backfield, us getting a few more TDs and fewer FGs in the red zone, and of course the 12th man.

Classic AFL rivalry should be fun to watch but being at home with Ralph looking down, I think we can pull it out.

Edited by BillnutinHouston