Flying across country during MIA game..

Derelichte

I am going to be around 10,000 feet at kickoff and I have been searching for ways to watch/listen to the game. I am planning on paying for in-flight wi-fi so I can at least follow the play by play on espn.com. Anyone have any ideas on how I can watch or listen (wgr.com maybe?) to the game? I do have the Sunday ticket but I couldn't justify paying $60 to watch one game. I searched the archives as well for a similar topic, but could not find anything.

Thanks and GO BILLSSSSSSSSSSS!

do airlines show "live" TV?

If .... sorry when available, you could pay for WiFi and you should be able to stream WGR.

JetBlue does, but not broadcast networks. They have ESPN and ESPN2 (or ESPN News, I forget).

I agree with the rest here. Wifi and stream the audio. It used to be WGR had an alternate feed on the website during the game. Not sure if that's still true. But I almost always found another station on the Bills Radio Network where I could listen online.

Really? I didn't listen last week, so didn't realize that.

year you either get an announcement telling ya game is blacked out and ya hear so e other stuff or just message game is blacked out.

Yeah, now there's a NFL Radio subscription, they blocked all internet streams of games to pull more money out of fans. Forgot about that.

i did see an email that the nfl radio thing was a free trial to all this week

I gave in and purchased the GenieGo. It works awesome, now I can stream anything I record on my Genie and other HD DVRs to my phone or laptop. Just cant delete watched recordings.

So I can set up my DVR to record the game and then watch it via my phone.

Heck, contact DirecTV and tell them your thinking about adding the Online portion and want to try it out this week to see if it is worth it for you to do. They may just be willing to accommodate this thinking they will get more money out of you the rest of the season.

Edited by rsxfirefighter

I gave in and purchased the GenieGo. It works awesome, now I can stream anything I record on my Genie and other HD DVRs to my phone or laptop. Just cant delete watched recordings.

That sounds like the best and most reliable option! Hope it wasn't too much of an investment

That sounds like the best and most reliable option! Hope it wasn't too much of an investment

I ordered this all while doing my annual DirecTV Sunday Ticket Dance....I told them i was upset that other services offered it, but I couldnt with DirecTV yet...and they were like..have you heard of this...and then we did our dance..

They wanted $100 for the device...i said way to expensive...20 second pause..well.we have an offer for $80....I said still a little to expensive....30 second pause...Ahh, I found another deal where it will only cost $50...I said ok..sold.

$50 for the device, free to use. I have used it to stream recorded shows for my kids and also to watch a few of my shows while waiting at the hospital and other places. It works great.

I am going to be around 10,000 feet at kickoff and I have been searching for ways to watch/listen to the game. I am planning on paying for in-flight wi-fi so I can at least follow the play by play on espn.com. Anyone have any ideas on how I can watch or listen (wgr.com maybe?) to the game? I do have the Sunday ticket but I couldn't justify paying $60 to watch one game. I searched the archives as well for a similar topic, but could not find anything.

Thanks and GO BILLSSSSSSSSSSS!

Who makes your travel plans?

Heck, contact DirecTV and tell them your thinking about adding the Online portion and want to try it out this week to see if it is worth it for you to do. They may just be willing to accommodate this thinking they will get more money out of you the rest of the season.

hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i have genie go and i am pretty sure sports subscriptions will not download from the genie. Even furthur, I am pretty sure no on demand stuff you have on the genie will play either.I hope i am wrong, but please check if that is only reason you are buying

Add in the fact the wifi is extremely spotty, and my gut is no way you would get a decent stream off the genie anyway in the plane.

I do listen to WGR all the time on planes, sometimes i can get the video stream of twinspires to watch the horses....

dont want to be a party pooper, just dont want you to get super bummed out on the plane.

OTOH, i do use the Geniego a ton on planes, but it is with stuff i have downloaded and watch offline.Just rememeber, a two hour movie will take two hours to download...a one hour TV show will take one hour to download