Remembering 9/11

negativo

Never forget.

• Never forget the bravery and heroism of NY fire rescue and police on that day.
  • Never forget the 3,000 innocent lives that were lost to Islamic terrorism that day
  • Never forget the way our country rallied together
  • Never forget the resolve of the American people to overcome and rebuild
  • Never forget our enemy then is the same one we face today: Jihad Islam
  • Never forget:
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrM0dAFsZ8k

Edited by negativo

I watched a really good documentary last night about 9/10 -- how life was at and around the WTC and NYC the day before. Some really amazing stories, pics, videos and a look at what was happening in the city up until that day.

It made me remember how much that day changed our world.

I watched a really good documentary last night about 9/10 -- how life was at and around the WTC and NYC the day before. Some really amazing stories, pics, videos and a look at what was happening in the city up until that day.

It made me remember how much that day changed our world.

For perspective: the lead story in the news on 9/10 was Gary Condit and Chandra Levy.

For better or for worse, 9/11 is slipping into history and out of present day consciousness. Had to remind friends of mine originally from NY that they were flying to NY on 9/11 so expect delays. They had completely forgotten when booking, and even when I reminded them dismissed it as nothing of concern.

In many respects, Bieber stripping on a TV show has more impact on the consciousness of Americans than what happened on 9/11 13 years ago. I guess it's natural. Time marches on, even though the threats from the same enemy are still very real today. In a few more years, 9/11 will be remembered similarly to 12/7. Something for academics, military types, history buffs and older people to commemorate while the emotional impact on most Americans becomes negligible.

Days like 12/7 and 9/11 may indeed live in infamy, but in reality they tend to fade as the generations directly impacted gray and whither away.

Edited by negativo

I am less outraged by the actions of ignorance in other countries than the ignorance of our own country.

The Red Cross, and many more were much more deplorable in their handling of this issue than Az Dizeez Camal or Fuhk DaKamal or any of those foreigners.

Never forget is right............

The only "political " aspect that I will add is this

"Truthers" practice precisely what they claim to abhor - denying what they don't want to acknowledge and embracing a lie that comforts them.

They deserve ridicule every time that they speak.

But not before he bribed Bush to destabilize Iraq so ISIS would have room for expansion.

Reasonable. No wonder WTC reconstruction has gone on so long. All the money disappeared and they have to make due on a bare bones budget.

For perspective: the lead story in the news on 9/10 was Gary Condit and Chandra Levy.

And shark attacks. Don't forget all those shark attacks in 2001.

And I had forgotten that Mark Green was going to be mayor. See, you really can find a silver lining in everything.

And shark attacks. Don't forget all those shark attacks in 2001.

And I had forgotten that Mark Green was going to be mayor. See, you really can find a silver lining in everything.

Was that "Summer of the Shark?" I thought that was more 2004-2005.