[closed]Did we just go from bottom 3 to top 4 in wealth ?

that's only a portion of it. you can spend whatever you want to have the best facilities, best coaches, etc. once you have a team that players actually want to come play for, that's half the battle. they are going to make pretty similar money most places but it's up to the team to prove to them that they are the team they should pick. to have one of the richest billionaires in the league backing us is a game changer. we still have to fight the stigma of being a crappy city with bad weather and having a team that hasn't won in a very long time, but this is a step in the right direction for sure

It's called a winning culture, Pittsburgh had huge down times but they bounced back. It's Buffalo's time to shine again & Terry looks to be a catalyst, oops big words there (sorry).

I hope we don't become like the Cowboys or Redskins, just spending for the sake of spending.

Whaley and this scouting team need to stick around, at least. I like what they've done to depth chart.

I think Pegula learned his lesson with the Sabres on this. I agree with your second point and Pegula likely does too. However, the coaching staff is still on probation.

Pegula's wealth doesn't change anything. The only thing that does that is winning. Every team in the NFL is required to spend 95% of the salary cap. Spending anything less results in the team just paying a penalty to the NFL of the difference. So at the end of the day, wealth is pretty irrelevant.

Pegula's wealth doesn't change anything. The only thing that does that is winning. Every team in the NFL is required to spend 95% of the salary cap. Spending anything less results in the team just paying a penalty to the NFL of the difference. So at the end of the day, wealth is pretty irrelevant.

Thank you. Some posters didnt seem to understand that the cap also has a minimum spend component. It was never the case that the Bills were cheap and were way below the cap.

Thank you. Some posters didnt seem to understand that the cap also has a minimum spend component. It was never the case that the Bills were cheap and were way below the cap.

Wrong sir! Wrong!

I guess you don't follow Sabres hockey. If you did, you would understand that Pegula's money can help out this organization on the field in all kinds of ways that transcend mere salary cap and player salary issues.

He can build a state of the art training/weight lifting facility and staff it with the best consultants in pro sports. He can double the size of the scouting department. He can make offers people can't refuse to join the coaching staff here. And on and on and on.

Don't be so black and white and simplistic in your thinking here.

Pegula will change this franchise RADICALLY. It will take some time though. That's OK.

The path to success will start in early October when he is ratified.

Wrong sir! Wrong!

I guess you don't follow Sabres hockey. If you did, you would understand that Pegula's money can help out this organization on the field in all kinds of ways that transcend mere salary cap and player salary issues.

He can build a state of the art training/weight lifting facility and staff it with the best consultants in pro sports. He can double the size of the scouting department. He can make offers people can't refuse to join the coaching staff here. And on and on and on.

Don't be so black and white and simplistic in your thinking here.

Pegula will change this franchise RADICALLY. It will take some time though. That's OK.

The path to success will start in early October when he is ratified.

+1