Brady gets a pass and not EJ?

Terrakon

Still, Eli at the beginning of his career is a pretty good comparable for EJ (Eli was actually pretty terrible early on, but showed flashes). And Eli, a QB of high pedigree, still sat behind Warner for awhile.

I'm going to be labeled a heretic by the EJ faithful for this... But, Eli was viewed as a can't miss prospect deserving of a top 5 selection. EJ was viewed as a fringe 2nd rounder who went 16th overall.

Last year, the conventional wisdom claimed Brady had a down year because of his inexperienced receivers.

Yes because with more experienced WRs he was the top QB in the game for multiple seasons. Therefore, yeah, there must be some externalities impacting his play.

I tried, and while I do agree EJ is getting hit with historically unreasonable expectations for a young QB, it doesn't parallel Brady in any way.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

this thread has to be a joke, i can't believe i'm even responding. if EJ has a "down year" like Brady did last year we will probably get to the AFC title game too and then we will build a bronze statue of him in front of the Ralph and hail him as the next Jim Kelly. it was a "down year" in Brady terms, it's all relative. he was still the best QB in the AFC outside of Peyton.

I, for one, am tired of the level of total disrespect the Bills are getting nationally. Some of that has to do with EJ, but not all of it. I actually was so disgusted that I turned off NFL Radio on my drive in to work this morning. Granted, the Bills won't garner a lot of respect until they start showing more competency and win some games but.....come on. Bring on the Bears. Go Bills!!!

Edited by DerekJ

I'm going to be labeled a heretic by the EJ faithful for this... But, Eli was viewed as a can't miss prospect deserving of a top 5 selection. EJ was viewed as a fringe 2nd rounder who went 16th overall.

The_Dude to be burned at the stake. News at 11:00.

J/K