Jerry Jones 'damn mad' about missing Johnny Manziel

26CornerBlitz

http://www.nfl.com/n...-johnny-manziel

"I'm still so damn mad at Stephen," Jones exclaimed. "... I get madder, every day, about missin' (Manziel)."

When the Cowboys were on the clock, Jones told his war room that drafting any player other than Manziel would have been a "ticket to parity, more 8-8 seasons."

Jones was on an island, however. Coach Jason Garrett, his staff and the team's scouts all strongly advised against selecting Manziel, pointing to Tony Romo's seven-year, $119.5 million contract with $55 million in guarantees.

Jerrah, the Great GM and Football Man, is lamenting the Cowboys not having Manziel. :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that Jerry actually listened to his management team and didn't unilaterally order that they draft Manziel.

I am too. He's stubbornly stupid when it comes to his feeble attempts to play GM. The Cowboys are going nowhere until he cedes the football decisions to someone who's qualified to run an NFL organization. Not likely to happen until Jerrah says his final goodbye. 0:) or :devil:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I think I've read several different accounts from Jerrah on Manziel. I'm pretty sure I read where he said he never considered Johnny. Considered him, but ultimately passes. Now he wanted him in the worst way.

I think when you lie as often as Jerry Jones, it's had to know what you really think/thought.

This guy is desparate for media interest and jersey sakes, especially now that their expected to miss playoffs again. Can't cash in on Americas team for performance then go for gimmicks. Next up on the horizon will be signing KIM kardashian to PS

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

@mikefreemanNFL

Listening to Merril Hoge on radio interview. He is absolutely destroying Manziel. Lighting him on fire.

Hoge: "(Manziel) has no business being on the field."

Hoge called Manziel "a juvenile punk."

Hoge is now killing Hoyer. "He's nothing special."

Hoge on Manziel: "He doesn't understand concepts. He doesn't understand the structure of an offense or anything you do defensively…"

Now Hoge is killing Jerry Jones. Says he kills "the integrity of coaching" more than any other owner.

Hoge on Manziel: "This will be the saddest, quickest ending we have seen in quite some time."

Wow!

http://www.iheart.co...ode_id=27004773