The offense is bad. Not Ej.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a little perspective, OP, the Bronco offense was abysmal with Orton & Tebow at the helm, sneaking out miraculous 'W's with last minute drives 10-9; 14-13. In walks a guy named Manning and the same bunch of bums overnight turn into the most prolific offense in the history of history.

Correlation? The other 10 guys have to believe in the QB before they seem to hold themselves to a higher level.

So because fj doesn't believe in ej, he dropped the easiest throw in nfl history?

Actually if I remember correctly the Tebow/orton preseason....They beat the bills pretty bad. Not abysmal at all.

and if you think Mallett was going to be brought in to be the backup, I have some waterfront property in Florida for sale, you interested?

What, in your opinion, leads you to believe he was coming in to be the starter? Is it the lifetime back-up role, or the career stats of 1 of 4 for 17 yards and 1 interception and a QB rating of 5.2? Yup, clearly sounds like a starter to me.

For a little perspective, OP, the Bronco offense was abysmal with Orton & Tebow at the helm, sneaking out miraculous 'W's with last minute drives 10-9; 14-13. In walks a guy named Manning and the same bunch of bums overnight turn into the most prolific offense in the history of history.

Correlation? The other 10 guys have to believe in the QB before they seem to hold themselves to a higher level.

Wow my memory is not so bad afterall. Broncos beats us 24-10. 14-3 at half. Orton went 10/13 135 yrds 1 td

Tebow pressure was too big that year imo.

Yep, that's true, and to build off that. Manning held everyone accountable to achieve a higher level, but as a QB, you must have the clout to do so.

Yeah you're right. Greatest qb of all time can have that effect on players. But that comparison is not fair to ej. Rbs are running bad. Everything is not on ej.

Another thing that really hindered the offense that no one brought up was the penalties. Any big gain, or nice play that was wiped out on a penalty is forgotten, stats don't count. That is one aspect of the whole offense that has to get better. It's tough enough beating another team, it makes it more difficult when you keep beating yourself with costly penalties.

Edited by chiefbigtalljoe

If you can't objectively see that EJ is easily one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL, if not the absolute worst, well then I salute your fanhood but have to say you are either pretty uninformed about football or being blindly optimistic because you love your team.

i do not think that word means what you think it means....

What, in your opinion, leads you to believe he was coming in to be the starter? Is it the lifetime back-up role, or the career stats of 1 of 4 for 17 yards and 1 interception and a QB rating of 5.2? Yup, clearly sounds like a starter to me.

You realize stats mean nothing when it comes to the eye test that all the NFL scouts here have? :rolleyes:

Lol, backup to one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. What do you think EJs stats would look like if he was in NE? Pretty irrelevant. There was a reason why they inquired about Mallett, IMO it wasn't about being a backup. As you have already pointed out his stats show he has no on field experience, so they were not after a "proven quality backup" as you want to think because Mallett had no experience.

Lol, backup to one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game. What do you think EJs stats would look like if he was in NE? Pretty irrelevant. There was a reason why they inquired about Mallett, IMO it wasn't about being a backup. As you have already pointed out his stats show he has no on field experience, so they were not after a "proven quality backup" as you want to think because Mallett had no experience.

Soo he's not going to be brought in as a backup but has done nothing to warrant being the starter. The fact that Orton is on the team as the backup, with proven NFL success as a starter (interpret that how you choose), should tell you Mallett wasn't going to come in to compete for the starting job. If he came in now he would be 3rd on the depth chart.

Team is built to control the clock with the run game on offense and play tough defense which makes their obsession with the hurry up completely ridiculous...what exactly are they trying to accomplish with it?

Edited by Max997

Soo he's not going to be brought in as a backup but has done nothing to warrant being the starter. The fact that Orton is on the team as the backup, with proven NFL success as a starter (interpret that how you choose), should tell you Mallett wasn't going to come in to compete for the starting job. If he came in now he would be 3rd on the depth chart.

Thank you!

If they had got Mallett, I don't think they would have got Orton. I don't think they go get Mallett to just be the backup. Sorry, that makes no sense, to bring him in as a backup, why not just stay with Tuel, (i know he sucks), but it's not proven either that he would have been any better then Tuel. IMO he would have been brought in to challenge for the #1.

If they had got Mallett, I don't think they would have got Orton. I don't think they go get Mallett to just be the backup. Sorry, that makes no sense, to bring him in as a backup, why not just stay with Tuel, (i know he sucks), but it's not proven either that he would have been any better then Tuel. IMO he would have been brought in to challenge for the #1.

My point was that Mallett has proven nothing at the NFL level and Orton has. Orton was signed to this team as the back up QB. How does it make sense that Mallett would come in to challenge if Orton's not coming in to challenge?

My point was that Mallett has proven nothing at the NFL level and Orton has. Orton was signed to this team as the back up QB. How does it make sense that Mallett would come in to challenge if Orton's not coming in to challenge?

Why doesn't that make sense? In no way shape or form is EJ the be all end all QB for this team. Mallett was considered a top QB in the 2011 draft, and just because he didn't unseat Tom freaking Brady he is considered a lesser QB talent than EJ Manuel, ok whatever. If you think the Bills brass was only interested in trading for Mallett to only be a backup, I have some more waterfront land for sale in Florida, you also interested?

Edited by old school

Why doesn't that make sense? In no way shape or form is EJ the be all end all QB for this team. Mallett was considered a top QB in the 2011 draft, and just because he didn't unseat Tom freaking Brady he is considered a lesser QB talent than EJ Manuel, ok whatever. If you think the Bills brass was only interested in trading for Mallett to only be a backup, I have some more waterfront land for sale in Florida, you also interested?

As a general rule I find it best not to subtly call the person I am talking to stupid.....particularly if I am voicing an opinion that is generally considered to be that of a minority opinion.....but maybe that's just me.