Kelly Is God sign

Person behind that iconic sign finally revealed.

What's interesting is in the game pics from 1987, no one in the crowd is wearing a jersey. When I think back to going to games in those days I always imagine fans wearing Kelly, Bruce or Andre jerseys, but I guess that really didn't start until the '90s.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/columnist/roth/2014/08/29/jim-kelly-banner-buffalo-bills-leo-roth/14806639/

I hope people show up to the opener and actually root for their team and EJ, but you can continue to bash the team if you'd like.

They will. They're just ridding themselves of the weight of all this cynicism before the regular season. The jump back onto the bandwagon is soooo much easier that way.

I bought a "KELLY" jersey back in 1986 his first season with the Bills. I still have it and I always tell my 27 year old daughter that I have clothes hanging in the closet that are older than her when she tries telling me that she is getting old.

Edited by nobody14

I hope people show up to the opener and actually root for their team and EJ, but you can continue to bash the team if you'd like.

People will 100% root for the team, unless the team performs in a manner that doesn't deserve applause. Team has approximately $120 million payroll, head coach makes 3 million a year, they are paid enough that they should expect to earn applause and adulation, and if they don't perform they will have to make do with their money, but no adulation.

Nice read. Nice to read an uplifting story abut the Bills every once in a while. LOL

Not very "uplifting" if you're a person of religion. Pretty much makes you realize how much it's like the story of Moses and the children of Israel worshipping the golden calf.

I'm not here to talk about religion so I apologize but when I read this, I got a different "feeling" than you did is all I wanted to say.

People will 100% root for the team, unless the team performs in a manner that doesn't deserve applause. Team has approximately $120 million payroll, head coach makes 3 million a year, they are paid enough that they should expect to earn applause and adulation, and if they don't perform they will have to make do with their money, but no adulation.

Ehhh not so much, plenty of "fans" root against players, for whatever reason. Pay attention to this board and you'll see the crusaders. Rather be right than anything else

i'm still waiting for them to uncover the genius behind iconic "tom donahoe suckz big ballz" sign of 2004.

LOL. Good use of term "ICONIC".

It sucks to be the Milwaukee Brewers or San Diego Padres of the NFL, doesn't it?

They will. They're just ridding themselves of the weight of all this cynicism before the regular season. The jump back onto the bandwagon is soooo much easier that way.

Lighten up Francis. I'm as cynical as they come, and was probably watching Bills games before you were born.

No bandwagon here.