Palmer cut

seq004

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didnt really get a fair shake.

So maybe they plan to re-sign him after the first week, so his salary isnt (as a practical matter) guaranteed. Then he can learn the O, etc.

Oh Snap !

This Is what the Bills do well lately . very budget aware. Fair but a bit more intelligent then previous regimes.

good point.. on both counts

Any guy that cannot pick up the Bills offense in 48 hours, then go play a game stink it up, isn't what Marrone needs.

The bIlls do not coddle their QB's thats for sure.

Good post.

When you think about it, this comes across as a jerk move by the Bills. Palmer gave the Bills something (the Bears' playbook). What did he get in return? Was he on the roster on opening day, so that he'd at least be guaranteed a salary for the year? No. Was he given a real chance to compete for a roster spot? Again, no.

I just hope the Bills didn't use false or misleading assurances to cajole him into signing in the first place. If they were open and upfront with him from the beginning, I'd be okay with this. But I think it's more likely they over-promised and under-delivered.

Good post.

When you think about it, this comes across as a jerk move by the Bills. Palmer gave the Bills something (the Bears' playbook). What did he get in return? Was he on the roster on opening day, so that he'd at least be guaranteed a salary for the year? No. Was he given a real chance to compete for a roster spot? Again, no.

I just hope the Bills didn't use false or misleading assurances to cajole him into signing in the first place. If they were open and upfront with him from the beginning, I'd be okay with this. But I think it's more likely they over-promised and under-delivered.

Agreed, But I really doubt the Bills did that. Many have criticized the Bills for being too nice, and upfront, with players---not ruthless enough. I have a feeling Palmer knew exactly what he was brought in for. Can't say for sure, of course.

Palmer didn't get used. That was a solid pickup at the time. They gave him a shot and he flopped. He got paid tho, lets not act like he was a victim in all of this

Of course. Hard to pity a guy who got paid a good amount of money to play football. But the NFL is a very dirty business.

I agree that the NFL is a tough - and often dirty - business. And I agree that Jordan Palmer knows that deal. But I'm not sure if he actually did get paid by the Bills. Players don't get paid for preseason games so he'd have only netted his signing bonus. Did anyone see where he got paid a signing bonus - and how much it was? I saw nada on that.

Here we are a week from opening day, and the team's hopes rest on a 2nd year QB?!

Not to mention one of the backups is as predictable as the rising and setting sun (Tuell to Hogan, Tuell to Hogan, Tuell to Hogan, etc.)

Is anybody at the wheel, or are we just going to mail in another losing season?! Earth to Whaley, start making some smart moves...