Sammy's ribs

YoloinOhio

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much respect for Sammy.

Like I said in August. He will not be 100% until maybe OTAs.

He is playing through a lot of pain. It has got to light up the locker room though. When you see a guy going through what he is going through and laying it on the line on gameday. It makes you look in the mirror and get over your little bumps and bruises that much faster. It has got to make the team want to go out there and make Sammy's sacraifice worth it with a win.

Again, he is just earning a lot of respect with me, I knew he could ball watching him in college but didn't know he had this kind of heart.

Can't spell Sammy Watkins with using M A N. Sammy is a MAN! What a beast!

Obviously it depends on the fracture. It could be a hairline fracture and probably is. He wouldn't be playing if it were really bad. But the story that I heard implied that Watkins is in extreme pain. The Bills doctor Thomas White, was talking to a good friend of mine last week, who also had a rib injury a while ago for bruised ribs, which gave him severe pain. Dr. White said, "Remember that pain you were in from a bruised rib, Watkins has a fractured rib."

How can an MD disclose any medical information on Watkins condition that violates HIPPA.

How can an MD disclose any medical information on Watkins condition that violates HIPPA.

At work I am involved in training for HIPAA and components of the Omnibus Rule.

If the convo went down the way it was described to Kelly, it clearly is a HIPAA violation and the doc is susceptible to punishment (probably a fine). If Sammy waived his right to privacy, then the doc's in the clear.

With football-related injuries, players generally allow the nature of the injury to be released but as we saw with Cordy during camp, they are more reluctant to share their personal health issues.

Someone asked Sammy if he was still in a lot of pain after the game, mentioning that he was slow to get up at times.. Sammy replied "not really.. they just hit hard" and smiled.

video link: http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Sammy_Watkins_First_TD_in_the_Ralph_was_Amazing/ac1fb179-2201-47a4-b238-40222963eda4

question starts at 2:15

Perhaps the name of the Bills employee in posts 143 and 144 shoud be edited as we are not completely sure of the accuracy of this report and don't want a casual conversation that may or may not have taken place to cost someone a job. The employee in question is a good guy. Sorry about the underlining...couldn't turn it off....

Jesus....do not give specific names of Dr's on here.......wtf

I can only imagine what will happen when the authorities are presented with hearsay from someone that goes by the name "Kelly the Dog". The Doc must be shaking in his boots.

I can only imagine what will happen when the authorities are presented with hearsay from someone that goes by the name "Kelly the Dog". The Doc must be shaking in his boots.

Good point....and I am no longer locked in underline mode...

I could and will drop it from the thread. I really doubt that is any worry from anyone disclosing information though.

At work I am involved in training for HIPAA and components of the Omnibus Rule.

If the convo went down the way it was described to Kelly, it clearly is a HIPAA violation and the doc is susceptible to punishment (probably a fine). If Sammy waived his right to privacy, then the doc's in the clear.

With football-related injuries, players generally allow the nature of the injury to be released but as we saw with Cordy during camp, they are more reluctant to share their personal health issues.

Right. Player injuries are revealed all of the time. I'm not sure how the disclosure rules work however.

Someone asked Sammy if he was still in a lot of pain after the game, mentioning that he was slow to get up at times.. Sammy replied "not really.. they just hit hard" and smiled.

video link: http://www.buffalobi...38-40222963eda4

question starts at 2:15

I saw that. I was thinking to myself that it was very shrewd and smart by Sammy. He doesn't want anyone thinking he has an injury that is bothering him. I was wondering, too, in the game, why he would choose to lower his shoulder and smack into two DBs trying to tackle him in the middle of the field well after he had the first down, just to gain an extra foot. I imagine he was just into the play and never considered not trying for every inch that he could get.