Bears Fans' Week 1 Breakdown

Sorry I can only chuckle a bit when bears fans talk about inaccurate QBs... Or poor QB play. Cutler has been jeckyl/Hyde since he's been there.

Looking more in depth, The bears had the worst run defense in the nfl last year.... By a lot. If that is still true, this is a very good match up for the bills who run the ball very well.

So if bilz can run and stop the run well vs these guys, and I think those lil cublings are in for more than they expected.

Good assessment by B-ell-y-iot

I hope the Bears coaching staff did as much research as the rest of the posters.

. . . and I think BearsinHouston should post more often. :flirt:

On the Brightside if Cutler gets flustered by the D-Line and plays gunslinger The Bills Secondary might get some real opportunities to get the ball back.

On the downside, if the defense gets a turnover the better start latering the ball all over and trying to get in the endzone like it is the last play of the game because the O won't be getting in the endzone.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Sorry I can only chuckle a bit when bears fans talk about inaccurate QBs... Or poor QB play. Cutler has been jeckyl/Hyde since he's been there.

Looking more in depth, The bears had the worst run defense in the nfl last year.... By a lot. If that is still true, this is a very good match up for the bills who run the ball very well.

So if bilz can run and stop the run well vs these guys, and I think those lil cublings are in for more than they expected.

Cutler>Ej

Our pass defense is suspect

Homefield advantage

Chicago wins a close one

Cutler>Ej

Our pass defense is suspect

Homefield advantage

Chicago wins a close one

But their run d was abysmal last year and they didn't address it. EJ will just need to hand the ball off the whole game. They gave up over 5 YPC...

You definitely want to put them in a position where cutler has to win it off them.

This is a much better match up for the bills than people believe.... IMO.

Detroit beat them twice and minny split winning a 3 point game and losing a 1 point game.

Bilz can take this!

But their run d was abysmal last year and they didn't address it. EJ will just need to hand the ball off the whole game. They gave up over 5 YPC...

You definitely want to put them in a position where cutler has to win it off them.

This is a much better match up for the bills than people believe.... IMO.

Detroit beat them twice and minny split winning a 3 point game and losing a 1 point game.

Bilz can take this!

I would take the opposite approach and throw deep for points early and often. With the Bills secondary, I think you can almost guarantee Cutler, Marshall and Jeffrey will put up at least 21 points. I think they score between 21-28 points.

The best way to win on the road is to hit the home team early in the first quarter with a touchdown. It puts a nervous energy in the building and that filters down to the team usually.

I'm not saying don't run it, just that if they plan on the "ground and pound" attack then they can plan on a definite loss. Sorry, but our DBs just aren't good enough to support that kind of game plan and win the game. We have the WRs to have a passing attack when we need it, and what better time to find out whether the Bills have a real QB. Go for the win, don't just try to keep it close and steal one in the closing minutes. That's a Chicago's own, Dick Jauron kind of game plan.