EJ and an excellent dissection of what happened against Tampa

I mean, I'm obviously envisioning the rosiest scenario possible, but I can't imagine it be too far fetched that the transitioning brass called Fitz in:

Ryan, you've been good for us, real good. But we gotta start thinking about the future, and the future doesn't include you. We'd love for you to stay and help the young guys out, but we'd as that you restructure first. And even if you take less money, there's a good chance you'll keep starting for us. Is this something you think you can do?

I'm sure the exact conversation happened.

To which Fitz obviously replied, No thanks.

To which the Bills should have replied, Oh well we tried. See you in June.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the exact conversation happened.

To which Fitz obviously replied, No thanks.

To which the Bills should have replied, Oh well we tried. See you in June.

I won't argue with that. But the fans who think the Bills shouldn't have done Kiko the way they did might.

I mean, I'm obviously envisioning the rosiest scenario possible, but I can't imagine it be too far fetched that the transitioning brass called Fitz in:

Ryan, you've been good for us, real good. But we gotta start thinking about the future, and the future doesn't include you. We'd love for you to stay and help the young guys out, but we'd as that you restructure first. And even if you take less money, there's a good chance you'll keep starting for us. Is this something you think you can do?

Right, this assumes the front office made the decision to not live with the contract (a reasonable decision) but it wouldn't have given Fitz much room to operate. The FO however could have decided instead to keep him on at full salary for another year to bring someone along.

If it wasn't Kelso I might tend to agree with your viewpoint. But Kelso is as straight up honest as they get. Really.. You can take what he says to the bank.

Kelso is honest but he is biased because he wants EJ to do well and as such he see things more positively than they are. I do the same thing, I think EJ sux so I see him negatively.

So you heard it, but weren't listening, and haven't learned a thing about how football is a team sport.

Don't worry, Landry Jones will be here soon with his bucketful of skills.

Don't worry Blake Bortles is killing it in JAX.

And I went on record as saying I didn't want him or any of the QBs that year so facts straight Sherlock.

But we also can't say for certain that Fitz was willing to play under those conditions. Can't blame him, really. He's earned significant starts for two teams since he left (assuming he'll be Week 1 starter in Houston, as appears to be the case)

If ever a poster gave the anti-EJ crowd a reason to reconsider their stance! :lol:

look clowns unite.

Don't worry Blake Bortles is killing it in JAX.

Oh, you mean the regular season games have started already?

And I went on record as saying I didn't want him or any of the QBs that year so facts straight Sherlock.

Oh, you really want to examine the things you're on record as saying? That could be... hilarious.

Of course they did, and they said so from the start. They have been saying it all along. They said it as of this week.

"Of course they did" what? Nix said in his taped conversation with Tampa that Fitz would likely be competing for a backup position, meaning they believed whomever they draft would probably start.

What they say this week is somewhat irrelevant, hindsight and all.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso