OT- NHL Agrees to Meet Again

kclor

No salary cap=no NHL.  It's that simple.

220163[/snapback]

I agree. Seems that's the only way it'll survive.

This thing may get done in the next week or so, but I'll guarantee that another lockout will happen again the minute after this agreement expires. This will NEVER be settled unless an arbitrator gets involved. Both sides are too stubborn.

I agree. Seems that's the only way it'll survive.

This thing may get done in the next week or so, but I'll guarantee that another lockout will happen again the minute after this agreement expires. This will NEVER be settled unless an arbitrator gets involved. Both sides are too stubborn.

I have a feeling the owners aren't going to budge when it comes to salary cap. And they shouldn't.

:doh:

And they'd probably raise ticket and concession prices through the roof.

220191[/snapback]

They charge $4+ for a large pop. The cup and syrup probably cost .10 cents combined. You're absolutely right, raise the concession prices. Whether at the movies or any arena event, concessions are a huge money maker for all parties involved.

Excuse me, I'd like a bag of M&M's. Which one you say? The ones that cost me .75 cents at any store, that you have marked for $3+. :doh:

B word all you guys want, if these idiots can get together and put together even a 20 game season, the first thing I'm doing is calling DirecTV to make sure I get all of the Sabres games.

Oh, and no one is forcing you to buy the $4 sodas or the $9 beers. Just like at the movies. You pay $5 for a bowl of popcorn that literally costs $.30-$.50?

We've always said a shortened season is in order. Let's do it!

God, I miss hockey.

They charge $4+ for a large pop.  The cup and syrup probably cost .10 cents combined.  You're absolutely right, raise the concession prices.  Whether at the movies or any arena event, concessions are a huge money maker for all parties involved.

The cup actually costs more than the syrup. At least it did when I used to deliver pizzas and the owner told us we could drink all the soda we wanted, but had to use reusable plastic mugs (that he got for free).

The cup actually costs more than the syrup.  At least it did when I used to deliver pizzas and the owner told us we could drink all the soda we wanted, but had to use reusable plastic mugs (that he got for free).

220216[/snapback]

This is where most fast food places make their money. If you ever go to a BK and order a Value Meal, the cashier will ask "Do you want that Large, or King Size?". The funny thing is, the price you see up there is for Medium. Yet, they aren't being deceiving, they are just asking "Do you want Large or King Size?" Depending on your tone of question, that goes from sounding like it's your only two options to 'do you want to upgrade'. Anyway, you are still getting the SAME sandwhich, getting possilby 10-20 more fries, and a bigger cup of something that is as close to free for them as possible.

I took a class in college, and the professor gave us the actual numbers, which I'm pissed that I forgot, but i believe a "regular" soda costs the fast food restaurant around $.03. Making it the largest size makes that go up to about $.05. Yet, you just paid another $.40-$.80.

They charge $4+ for a large pop.  The cup and syrup probably cost .10 cents combined.  You're absolutely right, raise the concession prices.  Whether at the movies or any arena event, concessions are a huge money maker for all parties involved.

Excuse me, I'd like a bag of M&M's.  Which one you say?  The ones that cost me .75 cents at any store, that you have marked for $3+. :doh:

220204[/snapback]

There's a chain of theaters in the Midwest - Kerasotes - that give you free pop and popcorn refills.

Speaking of popcorn, I learned the "secret" of movie popcorn. I purchased a Whirley-Pop popcorn maker on the advice of Fezmid, and ordered some of their "Real Movie Popcorn", which is a compartmented package of oil and popcorn/salt, like the old brand, TV Time.

The secret is coconut oil - which leads the popular oils at a stunning 94% saturated fat. :doh: