Practice Squad Eligible Bills

The Dean

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You really think TJ Graham is tradable ? I can't see him making another team's 53-man roster. I could see him, if waived, signing on with another team's PS where he might have better chance to make it to their 53-man roster, however.

Do I think he is tradeable? No. But they should try and get something for him if they can. I just feel bad losing a former 3rd rounder without getting anything in return. He can return punts too. That might be worth something to someone

Do I think he is tradeable? No. But they should try and get something for him if they can. I just feel bad losing a former 3rd rounder without getting anything in return. He can return punts too. That might be worth something to someone

I don't know that he'd get claimed to a 53 man roster. It's possible. But to add a WR at that point is really difficult in that they don't know the offense at all and have no chemistry with the QB. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot he gets claimed. For example the Dolphins are going to cut Michael Egnew who is an athletic freak of nature but also apparently as dumb as a box of rocks. He was a 3rd round pick in 2012 not too far behind TJ. Let's see if he gets picked up because EVERYONE is looking for his physical tools at TE. Including the Bills frankly. If Egnew goes unclaimed it makes TJ clearing waivers more likely IMO

I don't know that he'd get claimed to a 53 man roster. It's possible. But to add a WR at that point is really difficult in that they don't know the offense at all and have no chemistry with the QB. I'd say it's a 50/50 shot he gets claimed. For example the Dolphins are going to cut Michael Egnew who is an athletic freak of nature but also apparently as dumb as a box of rocks. He was a 3rd round pick in 2012 not too far behind TJ. Let's see if he gets picked up because EVERYONE is looking for his physical tools at TE. Including the Bills frankly. If Egnew goes unclaimed it makes TJ clearing waivers more likely IMO

I also think, in general, it's hard to trade guys unless team's feel they'd have no chance to get him off waivers -- with Grahamn, if I were another team, I'd roll dice that'd he'd go unclaimed -- now, Branch might have trade value as team's might feel he just fell out of favor

If you do not think TJ Graham could be valuable to another team then you do not know the average NFL roster @ WR.

NE, Carolina, Baltimore*, Green Bay, Arizona, and hell in Minnesota he might even be the 3rd best WR on the team behind only Greg Jennings and Patterson.

*Did you know Kamar Aiken is their 3rd WR and spent last year with the Pats?

Here's my go at a PS roster. This of course assumes that we don't sign anyone from any other team's cuts to our PS.

Italics makes the 53, Bold are PS, Strikethrough are cuts.

QB – Dennis Dixon

RB – Ronnie Wingo

WR – Caleb Holley, Chris Summers, Sammy Watkins

TE – Dominique Jones

OL – Seantrel Henderson, Cyrus Kouandjio, Macky MacPherson, Antoine McClain, Cyril Richardson, J.J. ‘Unga, Jared Wheeler

DE – Ike Igbinosun, Bryan Johnson, Jacquies Smith

DT – Stefan Charles, Damien Jacobs

LBs – Xavius Boyd, Preston Brown, Jimmy Gaines, Randell Johnson, Ty Powell

CBs – Ross Cockrell, Sam Miller, Bobby Felder, Kamaal McIlwain

S – Derek Brim, Deon Broomfield, JaJuan Harley, Kenny Ladler, Jonathan Meeks

K/P – Jake Dombrowski, Dustin Hopkins PS

This second list is the group of players who could fill the two spots on the practice squad by having two accrued NFL seasons or being active for less than nine regular season games in any of their accrued NFL seasons.

QB – EJ Manuel, Jeff Tuel

RB/FB – Bryce Brown, Evan Rodriguez, Frank Summers

WR – Marquise Goodwin, T.J. Graham, Chris Hogan, Naaman Roosevelt, Robert Woods

TE – Chris Gragg

OL – Cordy Glenn, Chris Hairston

DT – Corbin Bryant

LBs – Kiko Alonso*, Nigel Bradham

CBs – Ron Brooks, Stephon Gilmore, Nickell Robey

S – Duke Williams

PUP - Kiko Alonso. There's no need to move him to IR until almost Thanksgiving unless they want to since he was on the non-Football injury list. He counts against the camp roster limit and they have NOT put him on season ending IR yet which would gain them another camp spot so I think this is the direction they will go. He'd need to be activated off of PUP by November 19 and on the 53 man roster by December 10th in that scenario. If he's not close they can IR him then and have lost nothing. The timing of his injury basically lets them treat him as an extra Injured-Designated for Return player.

He's only been active for a total of 4 games.

He played in every game in which he was active? Wow.

He played in every game in which he was active? Wow.

Yes, he was the emergency inactive 3rd QB most of 2008. He dressed in the final week of the year.

He started twice in 2009 because of Roethlisberger's suspension and Leftwich's injury. He got hurt in week 2 and went on IR. He's been on practice squads or cut in camp since so he couldn't have been active.

Yes, he was the emergency inactive 3rd QB most of 2008. He dressed in the final week of the year.

He started twice in 2009 because of Roethlisberger's suspension and Leftwich's injury. He got hurt in week 2 and went on IR. He's been on practice squads or cut in camp since so he couldn't have been active.

Very unusual for a QB I think. Good info, DJ.

PUP - Kiko Alonso. There's no need to move him to IR until almost Thanksgiving unless they want to since he was on the non-Football injury list. He counts against the camp roster limit and they have NOT put him on season ending IR yet which would gain them another camp spot so I think this is the direction they will go. He'd need to be activated off of PUP by November 19 and on the 53 man roster by December 10th in that scenario. If he's not close they can IR him then and have lost nothing. The timing of his injury basically lets them treat him as an extra Injured-Designated for Return player.

I agree...he goes on the PUP and they wait till the deadline and decide how he is doing by then...if buffalo feels they have a shott at the playoffs by then.....they activate him and have him available for week 16 on and in the playoffs.

I agree...he goes on the PUP and they wait till the deadline and decide how he is doing by then...if buffalo feels they have a shott at the playoffs by then.....they activate him and have him available for week 16 on and in the playoffs.

Agreed. What's the downside? Is there anyone else nearly as valuable competing for that PUP designation?

Agreed. What's the downside? Is there anyone else nearly as valuable competing for that PUP designation?

To be clear, Kiko is eligible for PUP becaue he got hurt NOT playing football and has not practiced at all. The Bills would still have the ability to name another player as Injured: Designated To Return. It's a completely different thing from PUP list.

I think it was 2010 he started the first two games. He started games in three different years 2008-2010 but i guess it's possible that he wasn't active for any of the games he didn't start in because they had Batch and Leftwich to back up Big Ben.

To be clear, Kiko is eligible for PUP becaue he got hurt NOT playing football and has not practiced at all. The Bills would still have the ability to name another player as Injured: Designated To Return. It's a completely different thing from PUP list.

Got ya. But is there a downside, to the team or Kiko, to PUP him? If not, I can't see any reason not to choose that option.

Got ya. But is there a downside, to the team or Kiko, to PUP him? If not, I can't see any reason not to choose that option.

Nope.

I think it was 2010 he started the first two games. He started games in three different years 2008-2010 but i guess it's possible that he wasn't active for any of the games he didn't start in because they had Batch and Leftwich to back up Big Ben.

You are correct.

Actually, as I look at it, I think Dennis Dixon actually has 2 SB rings. One with the Steelers in 2008 and the Ravens one in 2012. Has anyone else won multiple rings while playing less actual football?

The punter for the 90's Cowboy's?