Why Worst QB Depth Chart When Terrelle Pryor was Available?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it was Andy Warhol who said that in the future, anyone who has ever thrown a spiral will have a thread dedicated to them on an internet football forum.

I am not sure I like the sentiment, but I like the writing...

I believe it was Andy Warhol who said that in the future, anyone who has ever thrown a spiral will have a thread dedicated to them on an internet football forum.

I am not sure I like the sentiment, but I like the writing...

Through two games, Terrelle Pryor has thrown 20 passes for 147 yards (7.35 per attempt) and run 3 times for 87 yards and a touchdown.

By comparison, EJ Manuel has thrown 47 passes for 263 yards (5.6 yards per attempt) and only added 8 yards rushing.

Maybe Manuel is the better prospect, but the difference is not as great as many on this board might suspect. EJ's unwillingness to run makes him one-dimensional. And that dimension is not good. Conversely, Pryor has a big arm and a nice throwing motion to develop with enough athleticism to win games as a back-up in the mean time.

Leaving that more provocative discussion aside, why did Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley decide to enter 2014 with the worst QB depth chart in the NFL? Was it to boost EJ's confidence? Incompetence? Over estimation of Tuel and Lewis? Pryor is an athletic freak who was available as an unrestricted free agent at the league minimum.

That is a good question. I hope the answer is not that they thought they were good. Because then we are in real trouble. My guess is they knew EJ would be rough looking in his rawness and that, that would take time to fix. Perhaps they were looking for personalities more than QBs. Two guys who would give the company line no matter what and support EJ no matter what. One way to make sure of that is to get QBs that real can't beat him.

Maybe, after this season, should EJ do well, he'll be ready for some competition and if he crumbles we start again all over..... Get rid of fred, super and Kyle and rebuild for another four years.....

I should quit watching football anyway.....

I don't understand why we have this QB mess either, when Peyton was available! We totally should have traded Spiller to the Colts for Luck too. Then, we'd be set at QB for the next 15yrs!! I just don't get this FO.

Yeah the Colts tanked a season to get Luck and trade him for Spiller, right.....