Tale of Qbs Big Ben & EJ

This garbage is what makes any qb discussion on this board unproductive and has since I found Scott's forum in 1999. Dickheads flaming reasonable posts with love it or leave it nonsense, shitting up what had been a pretty reasonable discussion up until this douchebaggery.

Well you certainly added a lot of valuable insight to the discussion...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This garbage is what makes any qb discussion on this board unproductive and has since I found Scott's forum in 1999. Dickheads flaming reasonable posts with love it or leave it nonsense, shitting up what had been a pretty reasonable discussion up until this douchebaggery.

Wow. Really?

The OP starts with a simplistcally over the top assessment.

There were then 2 reasonable discussion posts.

Then the OP dismisses them out of hand as not valid points to be discussed.

Then JohnFH made his response to that post.

Then you call him a dickhead.

You sir, are a very special person.

What's funny is how people are throwing Big Ben on their shoulders because brown (a top ten WR in the league) took a slant to the house on a blown coverage.

big bens second td was a beautiful throw but we needed Gilmore to have better coverage on that, regardless the guy has been in the league for ten years now. You shouldn't be the least bit surprised by a quality performance.

That aside I think Manuel looks fine. The line wasn't exactly stout which forced the kid to make some forced decisions. However, the one thing I would like to see fixed is how Manuel handles that pressure. I.e. The intentional grounding play

Quit making excuses. The QB play is still going to kill this team.

Yep. I hope the Bills do with EJ what Steelers did with Ben in his first full year. run the ball , throw it 15 - 20 times and play great defense and special teams. This is what Bills need to do this year. I think they will. Win ugly.

Hey, i know of one thing Ej has that Roethlisberger does not have. The charging buffalo on the side of his helmet! Win or lose Ej is our guy. Lets get behind him, and let the season play out

Are we seriously trying to compare big ben with ej? Let the guy play for chissakes

Marrone = Moron.

Manuel = Capt Checkdown

Hackett = Junior Varsity

The stillers dropped 7 into coverage almost every play. Checkdowns are appropriate in that situation.

Not saying I'm thrilled with his play so far this preseason, but faulting him for checking down last night is unfair.

Heard this tune for years. Mastershake. Looks like it`s happening again.

Hey man, theyre my team, ive watched worse qbs than ej suit up for us. Not tryin to get combative, but why dont half u guys go buy seahawks jerseys

Some can't stand anything but "_____ player is great!" when it comes to the Bills (or whatever team they follow). This is particularly true of a player that is going to have to be very good if the team is going to be able to compete. And that is how they express themselves. Nothing new and generally not worth worrying about.

Hey man, theyre my team, ive watched worse qbs than ej suit up for us. Not tryin to get combative, but why dont half u guys go buy seahawks jerseys

Sounds pretty combative to me.

Its a new dawn, seasons upon us. Me for one, im pretty psyched for some buffalo bills football. Got my ej jersey back from the dry cleaners and hoping i dont get any puke on it! Im behind the rook, that is all

The problem people have is that the "QB discussion" you seem to love goes like this:

Poster 1: EJ Manuel is not the answer. He clearly isn't good.

Poster 2: Give him time to develop.

Poster 1: You must not be watching close enough.

It goes like this with people in person too. People don't like that Manuel doesn't pass their "eye test" and are too impatient to give him time to develop.

If you ever watched those Gruden camps, you see him talking to young QBs about the value of checking down and taking what the defense gives you. QBs like Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc... All utilize it. Heck Kevin Faulk extended his career by at least two years for the pats by being a check down option when the defense blanketed wrs.

That aside, Idk why people keep referring to those passes by Manuel as check downs. They really weren't.

Its a new dawn, seasons upon us. Me for one, im pretty psyched for some buffalo bills football. Got my ej jersey back from the dry cleaners and hoping i dont get any puke on it! Im behind the rook, that is all

I think that everyone is behind him obviously. Some of us just have reservations that he is capable of getting the job done based on what we have seen and read. I have doubts about his accuracy and how quickly he goes through his progressions. In addition, he was hurt 3 times last year. I think that he is a good guy and has leadership qualities.