Preseason game 3: Bills-Steelers Pre-game (and game thread)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he and Mike Williams hooked up for bunches of TDs

There has to be something going on behind the scenes. Either he went off the deep end, just gave up, or something. There is no way guys like Tuel and Thad should have a job and Freemen does not.

I am familiar with the name, but don't know much about him. Could he play in our system (whatever the hell it is)?

ha! He was a 6th round pick. Pretty good player at S carolina. No idea about our system but he was wayyyyyy better than Tuel in college.

There has to be something going on behind the scenes. Either he went off the deep end, just gave up, or something. There is no way guys like Tuel and Thad should have a job and Freemen does not.

some rumors of drugs and whatnot. No idea if true. Gotta think if he could play someone would have brought him in by now. NyG cut him during OTAs and they have painter and nassib!

ha! He was a 6th round pick. Pretty good player at S carolina. No idea about our system but he was wayyyyyy better than Tuel in college.

Much obliged. Given Whaley's seeming ability to mine late-round talent, I hope he attempts to identify one of these types, and works the phones to pick one up. Hell, maybe some team would take a Legursky or Branch off our hands for their late-round project QB.

Much obliged. Given Whaley's seeming ability to mine late-round talent, I hope he attempts to identify one of these types, and works the phones to pick one up. Hell, maybe some team would take a Legursky or Branch off our hands for their late-round project QB.

my bad,I think they signed him as a Udfa. He was projected 6th rd. Still worlds better than Tuel in college.

some rumors of drugs and whatnot. No idea if true. Gotta think if he could play someone would have brought him in by now. NyG cut him during OTAs and they have painter and nassib!

It's pretty crazy. Kid is 26, has all the physical skills. Rocket arm. Huge. Was a pro bowl alternative one year. In 2012 he threw for over 4000 yards and 27 TDs. Yet he's not even on an nfl roster!

It's not phony injury when 2/3 the league had him down for a chronic knee condition predraft

What does that have to do with anything when he's practiced after being drafted by the BIlls with no missed time at OTA's, minicamp, training camp, and played in preseason games? Suddenly he's injured. Not plausible no matter how long you argue the point.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

What does that have to do with anything when he's practiced after being drafted by the BIlls with no missed time at OTA's, minicamp, training camp, and played in preseason games? Suddenly he's injured. Not plausible no matter how long you argue the point.

You're giving the league too much credit. He has been publicly branded as having chronic knee issues. No one would bat an eye. And if they did, a lot of doctors would find something still wrong with his knee.

When all three of your quarterbacks regress a year later, is it the QBs or the coaching? Specifically the OC?

Well...I'm not sure all 3 have regressed...But Lewis certainly has, and I don't think either EJ or Tuel is that much better...So your point is well taken..

It's preseason and too early for me to start ranting...The benefit of the doubt is still in play...But I'll say this much...Hackett and Marrone did not exactly win my confidence last year...And they've done nothing to change my opinion so far this year...I still think there is a great chance Hackett is in well over his head...You just can't ignore the fact that he took a huge leap from College OC to NFL OC... B-)

Then the price should be cheaper... How's Cleveland's DT depth? Maybe they would take Branch for Shaw if Branch was a Pettine guy...

truthfully they don't have depth anywhere but DB and RB. I would think pettine would take Branch to help with the run.

You're giving the league too much credit. He has been publicly branded as having chronic knee issues. No one would bat an eye. And if they did, a lot of doctors would find something still wrong with his knee.

So this Bills have had him practicing and playing while injured? Okay then.

So this Bills have had him practicing and playing while injured? Okay then.

ITS BEEN LABELED AS A CHRONIC INJURY. holy moly. You know, these things get worse. It's not out of the ordinary for a chronic injury to break down after wear and tear, aka, training camp.

I'm not saying that actually happened. But the league would not bat an eye if they say it happened and put him on IR.

Edited by FluffHead