Ross Cockrell at the Midpoint of Training Camp

johnwalter

He's a boundary corner at best, but his work ethic is notable. He used to organize film study groups at his school, 2-time captain, that'll keep him around. We won't keep him to be a Safety, IMHO.

Hmm. Forgive my curiosity, but how do you see things shaking out with Cockrell. We've mostly been bullish on him, but I remember when we were with Brooks. I know he needs some work, and I know that he has quite a deep group ahead of him with Gilmore, McKelvin and Graham.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Forgive my curiosity, but how do you see things shaking out with Cockrell. We've mostly been bullish on him, but I remember when we were with Brooks. I know he needs some work, and I know that he has quite a deep group ahead of him with Gilmore, McKelvin and Graham.

Henderson says he is the smartest guy in the room. ( i am taking liberties ) from the John Murphy radio int recently

****, at the rate the NFL is going with the way they want "big, explosive plays" there won't even be a corner back position in a few years. It's really getting stupid, why continue to fix something that isn't broke?

I hear you. It seems that just as teams figure out a way to play some defense in this pass happy league the NFL makes it illegal.

I know its early...REALLY EARLY. But, this draft class looks like it could pan out pretty well. I almost forgot about Cockrell.

Agreed except for Kuondjo. We'll see on Richardson (stay away from the drive thru). Henderson has been excellent. When do you draft someone in the 7th round and he ends up potentially as the starting RT for a team, and can hold up against excellent pass rushers.