Rex Grossman signs with the Browns

Am I the only one questioning this move. Is Pettine not happy with Manziel? Is Manziel the starter, and Hoyer is being moved? This move doesn't make a ton of sense to me for the browns. I get insurance policy, but generally not something you talk about when you have 2 QBs on the roster. In fact if you lost 2, you need more than an insurance policy, you ned a prayer book

I don't know, I'm not the GM of any of the 31 teams that didn't offer him a deal. Do you seriously think Jeff Tuel, he of the four college victories, is better?

I have no idea. I do know that no GMs wanted him on their team until Aug. 12. That tell me all I need to know about Grossman. Don't know if Tuel is better. He has only played 1.5 games. Just know Grossman is bad.

Am I the only one questioning this move. Is Pettine not happy with Manziel? Is Manziel the starter, and Hoyer is being moved? This move doesn't make a ton of sense to me for the browns. I get insurance policy, but generally not something you talk about when you have 2 QBs on the roster. In fact if you lost 2, you need more than an insurance policy, you ned a prayer book

He knows Shanahan's offense. That is why. Thigpen wasn't good enough to outweigh the benefit Shanahan sees of having Grossman in the film room. I am sure they hope he doesn't take a reg season snap, as he hasn't played since 2011. Edited by YoloinOhio

Grossman is being signed to help tutor the QBs on Shannahans playbook. Rex knows it inside and out. Washington was paying him to do that for two years now with Griffin and Cousins

Grossman is being signed to help tutor the QBs on Shannahans playbook. Rex knows it inside and out. Washington was paying him to do that for two years now with Griffin and Cousins

That explains the move! Thanks for the insightful post. Good to know how many of us on the board don't want him on the Bills though…. :doh: