Just an FYI: Bears having some injury issues on the offensive line

richNjoisy

http://www.chicagotr...0810-story.html

Again, this is just an FYI on a situation that could impact the Bills-Bears game. Obviously, still 3 weeks to go and I am not suggesting this is a "good" thing that the Bears have injuries.

Thanks for the disclaimer. I hope everyone is OK. That said, I hope this helps us. Just being honest. We will be missing at least Kiko and Bradham, possibly Cordy if he isn't ready by then.

Bills o line looks very good right now. I fully expect Cordy to be ready and Sentrel shifted to starting RT (a guess on my part). I don't know who will win the open Guard spot. A great battle nonetheless. Possibly the best offensive line the Bills have had since the Kelly days.

Also.....entire team has had only 7 penalties for a total of 65 yards in two games. Remarkable for such a young club.

Just saw this on MMQB (cnnsi): "Flagville. Good work by John Clayton, adding up the illegal contact and defensive holding penalties from the first 17 preseason games. The league wants defensive players to have hands off after the five-yard bump zone at the line of scrimmage, and to not hold or grab at all. Rest assured it won’t be called as closely in week one of the regular season as it was over the weekend; the theory is players will get used to the new strictures and will stop all the clutching and grabbing mostly naturally. Back to the numbers: There were 37 illegal contact penalties all of last regular season; there have been 27 in the first 17 preseason games. There were 171 defensive holds calls. So far this preseason, 53 defensive holds have been whistled. The Bills have their defenders practicing with boxing gloves; St. Louis defensive backs take the field in scrimmage holding tennis balls, so they’re tempted to not grab. I’m told the league plans to officiate tight in the preseason, but I cannot imagine the same ticky-tack stuff being called once the regular games start. We’ll see."

(second emphasis mine. The glove-thing must be working!)

Full link: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/11/johnny-manziel-preseason-browns-michael-sam-rams/6/

Edited by richNjoisy

Bills o line looks very good right now. I fully expect Cordy to be ready and Sentrel shifted to starting RT (a guess on my part). I don't know who will win the open Guard spot. A great battle nonetheless. Possibly the best offensive line the Bills have had since the Kelly days.

Also.....entire team has had only 7 penalties for a total of 65 yards in two games. Remarkable for such a young club.

Just saw this on MMQB (cnnsi): "Flagville. Good work by John Clayton, adding up the illegal contact and defensive holding penalties from the first 17 preseason games. The league wants defensive players to have hands off after the five-yard bump zone at the line of scrimmage, and to not hold or grab at all. Rest assured it won’t be called as closely in week one of the regular season as it was over the weekend; the theory is players will get used to the new strictures and will stop all the clutching and grabbing mostly naturally. Back to the numbers: There were 37 illegal contact penalties all of last regular season; there have been 27 in the first 17 preseason games. There were 171 defensive holds calls. So far this preseason, 53 defensive holds have been whistled. The Bills have their defenders practicing with boxing gloves; St. Louis defensive backs take the field in scrimmage holding tennis balls, so they’re tempted to not grab. I’m told the league plans to officiate tight in the preseason, but I cannot imagine the same ticky-tack stuff being called once the regular games start. We’ll see."

Full link: http://mmqb.si.com/2...ael-sam-rams/6/

Interesting.

Except expect our Illegal Contact and Defensive Holding calls to go way down but our Unnecessary Roughness, Palpably Unfair Act and Game Disqualifications to skyrocket!

Full link: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/08/11/johnny-manziel-preseason-browns-michael-sam-rams/6/

This tells me it's going to be a good year for WRs in fantasy.