I hate Jeff Tuel; Not really hate, but you know what I mean

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make a prediction right now. Jeff Tuel

Will start more games for the Bills this year

Then EJ. I hope I'm wrong but at this moment in

Time EJ is not progressing like he should.

I'm not sure what's going on with him but

He just looks uninterested.

He does not give me confidence when I watch him play. Now Tuel not only gives my Confidence

But he looks the part and he knows what he's

Doing. Tuel knows how to make his reads and not get stuck on just the first read and then a dump off

Tuel makes his throws before the receiver

Makes his cut. EJ waits for the cut then when the

Receiver is open he throws it.

This will not work in the NFL. EJ has talent

But he needs to learn how to play QB

Tell me all you experts out there

Why can't EJ make throws to Wide outs before there open and they make there cut. EJ

Has a good arm and is smart. He just not seem

To a good QB sense about him.

All I know is EJ better get his act together soon

Or Tuel will be the Starter.

Excellent post.

He does not give me confidence when I watch him play. Now Tuel not only gives my Confidence

Doing. Tuel knows how to make his reads and not get stuck on just the first read and then a dump off

Why can't EJ make throws to Wide outs before there open and they make there cut. EJ

Maybe while he's reading a book is the reason he gave up 2 sacks.

Ej I believe gave up zero sacks. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying Ej is a qb hof. But there is no question who is better.

Tuelmania shold not be happening.

Tebowmania, yes. He had success and that bomb throw to win a playoff game.

What has Tuel done for us lately?

I dont get it.

I'm not watching that Sunday game again!!! I hate that hall of fame game. Ok. Not hate. But you know what I mean.

I cant wait till friday.

Chan over Chin is a one trick pony...

It was directed at Firechan. Not the chan over chin poster, unless it's the same guy.

You're not saying anything that many of us haven't quietly been thinking. I think the best analysis thus far is wishing we could combine EJ's physical tools with Tuel's feel for the game and confidence/demeanor. I'm pinning my hopes on EJ but seriously concerned with his progress. This is supposed to be the year that we go from "hoping" EJ is a franchise QB to he "IS" a franchise QB. If Tuel's progression this summer surpasses EJ then we have ourselves a problem.

Haha. Well said. I'm sure if Tuel had a better qb rating than Manuel last year, the stats would matter. :)

Thanks for doing the leg work. So our backup qb battle is between possibly the only 2 under .500 college Qbs in the NFL? Awesome. :)

I think there are 28 QB's in the NFL with better stats than EJ. Those numbers don't matter, to you. But Tuel's numbers are end-all be-all. This is hypocritical. Your failure to recognize this is sad.

Maybe while he's reading a book is the reason he gave up 2 sacks.

Ej I believe gave up zero sacks. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying Ej is a qb hof. But there is no question who is better.

Tuelmania shold not be happening.

Tebowmania, yes. He had success and that bomb throw to win a playoff game.

What has Tuel done for us lately?

I dont get it.

I'm not watching that Sunday game again!!! I hate that hall of fame game. Ok. Not hate. But you know what I mean.

I cant wait till friday.

It was directed at Firechan. Not the chan over chin poster, unless it's the same guy.

Sorry man. I hate EJ Manuel. Not really hate but you know what I mean.

You're not saying anything that many of us haven't quietly been thinking. I think the best analysis thus far is wishing we could combine EJ's physical tools with Tuel's feel for the game and confidence/demeanor. I'm pinning my hopes on EJ but seriously concerned with his progress. This is supposed to be the year that we go from "hoping" EJ is a franchise QB to he "IS" a franchise QB. If Tuel's progression this summer surpasses EJ then we have ourselves a problem.

Let me say this...

If the coaching staff gives Tuel some time with the first unit at any point this summer then we know what the coaching staff is thinking.

Until that happens EJ is the man.

But at a certain point Coach Marrone is gonna lose faith that EJ is the guy. Is he there yet?? I think by no means is Coach to that point yet.

But I have my doubts on EJ right now , that's all I'm saying.

Let me say this...

If the coaching staff gives Tuel some time with the first unit at any point this summer then we know what the coaching staff is thinking.

But at a certain point Coach Marrone is gonna lose faith that EJ is the guy. Is he there yet?? I think by no means is Coach to that point yet.

Not a chance in hell. Outside of perhaps wanting to give Tuel a look at playing with the ones in case EJ is hurt. I very much doubt they will do that. If they are seriously considering giving Tuel a shot with the ones (which they are not and there is zero indication they would) they should either be committed to a mental institution, turned over to authorities or Homeland Security, or taken out back and shot.

Of course, this is a use exercise in hypotheticals. Marrone and Whaley are amazingly enough, putting their careers on the line for EJ Manuel. They are not going to put their careers on the line for Jeff Tuel.

Did you just compare Jeff Tuel with Joe Montana?

You. Need. Help.

Yes !!! Because they both have inferior arm strength. compared to EJ

In addition, both QB's are very NFL intelligent. Thus the comparison.

If you get the chance listen to one of Montana's old game interviews.

If EJ is the first thing that comes to your mind, you too will need help.

And not to stray off topic but I have seen a guy throw a football at the

Unadilla MX Park

break a winshield with it, that doesn't mean that he should be an NFL

quarterback. it just means that you better have glass coverage if you

piss him off

Let me say this...

If EJ has another crappy outing in Pre-seaze, and Tuel, by some amazing twist of fate, improves significantly with the 2's, the decision on who to start @ PIT may be taken from the coaching staff. Whaley is staring down the fifteenth year without a playoff berth, and the absolute certainty of a new owner. If Tuel gains substantial ground operating Hackett's offense, then the GM has to do his due diligence.. EJ could be a bit butt-hurt, but who cares? Tuel could go out and get injured, but I think It's worth the risk.

We should pull out ALL the stops to avoid yet another season of TERRIBLE football.

Yes !!! Because they both have inferior arm strength. compared to EJ

In addition, both QB's are very NFL intelligent. Thus the comparison.

If you get the chance listen to one of Montana's old game interviews.

If EJ is the first thing that comes to your mind, you too will need help.

And not to stray off topic but I have seen a guy throw a football at the

Unadilla MX Park

break a winshield with it, that doesn't mean that he should be an NFL

quarterback. it just means that you better have glass coverage if you

piss him off

You should post more. You need the practice.

Joe Montana was a college football legend.

He won the national championship his senior year.

His first game in college he was inserted and led a comeback.

So, nobody was really surprised when he succeeded in the NFL.

He won almost as many Super Bowls as Tuel won games in 3+ years of college football.

To compare the two is like apples and car engines.

Excellent post.

If you print it out and use it for toilet paper

At 56 I'm not very computer savy and I guess it shows. I tried to add this last clerical bite to my other comment up above, but I screwed up somehow. My goal was to re-coin one of the other posters comments in this thread about Tuel and for what it's worth, the poster who I'm not sure of, is dead on in my opinion.

His comment in general: If Tuel is as bad as his stats, or his college W/L record, or being too skinny, or not having enough arm strength etc., etc., etc., then why is the EJ crowd so agitated and salivating at the mouth about his performance or his presence on the team ?

If Tuel is such a loser to some of the posters here, then what is it about his performance that really agitates you guys.

If EJ has another crappy outing in Pre-seaze, and Tuel, by some amazing twist of fate, improves significantly with the 2's, the decision on who to start @ PIT may be taken from the coaching staff. Whaley is staring down the fifteenth year without a playoff berth, and the absolute certainty of a new owner. If Tuel gains substantial ground operating Hackett's offense, then the GM has to do his due diligence.. EJ could be a bit butt-hurt, but who cares? Tuel could go out and get injured, but I think It's worth the risk.

We should pull out ALL the stops to avoid yet another season of TERRIBLE football.

He was in for ten plays. They barely warmed up. It was an extra practice game n starters dont normally play long.

Tuel may be playing with the 3's this week while they give Thad a shot with the 2's. Again these are practice games used in evaluating.

The HC n GM has spoken a number of times that EJ is the man.

They are fully invested with EJ being the starter this year n the future. If he is injured, then it will b up to Thad or Tuel. As of now I believe Thad is #2. This could change seeing it is still pre-season. I hope Thad or Tuel emerge as better QB's than what we saw last year. It would make a nice story, but make no mistake EJ is the bills QB!

At 56 I'm not very computer savy and I guess it shows. I tried to add this last clerical bite to my other comment up above, but I screwed up somehow. My goal was to re-coin one of the other posters comments in this thread about Tuel and for what it's worth, the poster who I'm not sure of, is dead on in my opinion.

His comment in general: If Tuel is as bad as his stats, or his college W/L record, or being too skinny, or not having enough arm strength etc., etc., etc., then why is the EJ crowd so agitated and salivating at the mouth about his performance or his presence on the team ?

If Tuel is such a loser to some of the posters here, then what is it about his performance that really agitates you guys.

Easy:

It's because he is being placed on a high pedestal when his play has been average or even below average. That's why.

Funny how Tuel supporters place him on hall of fame status, but the coaches are relegating him to play with the 3's.

If this guy was gold, he would not play with the 3's. That would be bad coaching.

Dude gets sacked twice and throws 2 bad passes just before he gets pulled... I simply dont get it.

I could understand critizising Ej. Sure I could understand that. But elevating Tuel, that I dont understand. Not at all.

Easy:

It's because he is being placed on a high pedestal when his play has been average or even below average. That's why.

Funny how Tuel supporters place him on hall of fame status, but the coaches are relegating him to play with the 3's.

If this guy was gold, he would not play with the 3's. That would be bad coaching.

Dude gets sacked twice and throws 2 bad passes just before he gets pulled... I simply dont get it.

I could understand critizising Ej. Sure I could understand that. But elevating Tuel, that I dont understand. Not at all.

Didn't you just complain about misrepresenting arguments?

Hall of fame status. Classic misrepresentation when you have nothing to say.

Edited by FireChan

Didn't you just complain about misrepresenting arguments?

Hall of fame status. Classic misrepresentation when you have nothing to say.

Ha ha.

I've been saying for 9 pages. As far as hall of fame status, I'm exaggerating. But I know you badly want to type it even if you have not. You think it. Which is funny.

You like to argue. But I'm done for the day.

Can't wait till Friday!!! Damn I cant wait.

At camp today, for the last 6 team sessions, Tuel and EJ split the reps 50% each. Zero for Thad or Dixon which is very unusual. Been to a bunch of practices this year, and up until today EJ was always 50% and the only QB with over 25%

One of the afternoon guys on WGR was saying that the best passes he saw this afternoon were thrown by Tuel. He wasn't slamming EJ, just making an observation that Tuel was connecting on some nice downfield passes. Seems to match what the Bills Twitter media were saying about EJ (having a lousy day- as well as Chandler).

One of the afternoon guys on WGR was saying that the best passes he saw this afternoon were thrown by Tuel. He wasn't slamming EJ, just making an observation that Tuel was connecting on some nice downfield passes. Seems to match what the Bills Twitter media were saying about EJ (having a lousy day- as well as Chandler).

This is the entire problem in a nutshell: The problem is not with Tuel in practice. He will shine in practice. He throws a decent ball and makes decent quick decisions. He will look good in practice just like Trent Edwards in practice. In practice, your size doesn't hurt you, you don't really face the rush, it is all at 50-75% speed and pressure.

The problem is that Tuel is not overly big or strong or fast or mobile. He's decent at all of those things. What does that mean? He will get hit a lot and hurt a lot like he did in college. In practice, there is no pressure on you to really perform. It's something that cannot be taught. Tuel doesn't seem to be able to handle that pressure. He didn't do it in college, he didn't come through and win games even though his team sucked, he didn't elevate those around him or inspire his teammates.

And that is the way he looked last preseason and last regular season, and even if he has improved a little, which is very good to see, there is no reason for me to believe that he will be able to play at a high quality in the NFL regular season. He doesn't do anything very well. He's not huge, he doesn't have a cannon, he cannot scramble or run all that great, he's not brilliant, he's not an amazing field general, he isn't a play a lousy game but hit the big play just when we need it guy, he isn't an "all he does in win" guy (in fact, the polar opposite).

He's not anything except a JAG.