Time for my annual QB solution post

Simon

Charlie Batch.

Due to injury, rust, lack of exposure, etc. he's not likley to get much interest this off-season and may very well be willing to take the vet minimum for a chance to involve himself in a competition for the Bills open QB position. Fellow Western Pensyltucky boy TD may also have an inside track over other GM's when it comes to sellling him the snake oil.

Signing him could/would also leave us enough wiggle room to bring in yet another guy to replace SMatthews and provide a viable 3rd option as well, in case either of the other two gets nicked.

The guy has proved more than once that he can play in this league and signing him on the cheap could be an outstanding value for the Bills who really need to make a positive move at the position.

Cya

I like batch, he'd be a solid backup. What about signing Tony Banks? He's a free agent, He'd come cheap, and would make an excellent backup. I don't think the Texans will want him back because obviously they are happy with Carr as a starter.

219045[/snapback]

Weird thing about Tony Banks...for back to back years, whenever he got hurt playing for whatever team he was signed with, that team went on to win the SB the year he got hurt. See St. Louis Rams in 1999 and Baltimore Ravens in 2000.

Weird thing about Tony Banks...for back to back years, whenever he got hurt playing for whatever team he was signed with, that team went on to win the SB the year he got hurt.  See St. Louis Rams in 1999 and Baltimore Ravens in 2000.

219047[/snapback]

LOL, well lets sign him and beat the crap out of him!

From what I understand, Batch has been constantly injured throughout his career, and most of that came as a backup.

He only missed a handful of games in his years in Detroit, where he played well as a starter even though he was saddled with a parade of ineffective head coaches and Ocoordinators. This last year was the first instance I recall where he's ever missed extensive time due to injury(it may have been a knee, I don't remember for sure. Whatever it was, it was early so he should be 100% recovered by camp).

Additionally he also familiar with Mularkey/Clements and their tendencies as he played very well in their system during Mularkey's last preseason in P'burgh.

He may even be a better fit for the Bills now than he was when we dealt for Drew.

JP WILL START

He will if he EARNS it.

Out of that QB class, I'd take:

Kelly Holcomb

Charlie Batch (if healthy)

Mike McMahon

Gus Ferotte

Jesse Palmer

Jeff Blake

I'd definitely try and get Holcomb or McMahon in here as quickly as possible. An interesting choice would be Gus Ferotte...coming off the bench, he's always been solid. I'm also for drafting another QB this year with our 3rd or 4th rounder.

charlie batch is as durable as pure crystal. i wouldn't take a chance on him at the rookie minimum... let a lone the veteran minimum.

I've been saying.... the best value out there I see for a backup QB is Todd Bouman... check him out. He's servicebale, dependable, and won't break the bank.

charlie batch is as durable as pure crystal.  i wouldn't take a chance on him at the rookie minimum... let a lone the veteran minimum.

I've been saying.... the best value out there I see for a backup QB is Todd Bouman... check him out.  He's servicebale, dependable, and won't break the bank.

219060[/snapback]

He's not listed as a UFA though...or anywhere on the free agent list, are you sure his contract is up this year. I do know who he is though, he would be an interesting choice...I've heard good things about him.

Weird thing about Tony Banks...for back to back years, whenever he got hurt playing for whatever team he was signed with, that team went on to win the SB the year he got hurt.  See St. Louis Rams in 1999 and Baltimore Ravens in 2000.

219047[/snapback]

Make sure Troy Vincent is on the field with him during practice.

:D

Kelly Holcomb would be the best out of that bunch. I saw him throw for over 400 yards in a playoff game. His last pass was dropped on fourth down (perfect pass)

or he would have won it. He plays for the terrible Browns so if he is available that guy has major game.

Todd Bouman... check him out. He's servicebale, dependable, and won't break the bank.

I've checked him out several times as he's been backing up ABrooks in N'awlins.

Plays with fire, good strong arm, physically tough, has some experience, seems smart but reckless at times; overall not a bad idea to have him in for a look as he is indeed servicable and won't break the bank. However I'd be hesitant to refer to him as dependable as I get the distinct impression that he is a borderline raging psycho.....

Cya

However I'd be hesitant to refer to him as dependable as I get the distinct impression that he is a borderline raging psycho.....

219078[/snapback]

I say we sign him, Chris Hovan and Jon Ritchie and have the three of them just yell insults and disturbing threats at the opposing team from the sidelines all game long. I dont care how good Tom Brady is, if he has three of the NFL's most unstable players telling him that "His mother was the best 'tight end" last night at the hotel", I think he might be somewhat taken away from his game :D