wondrelic scores

At 32 years old drew bledsoe is 198 yards shy of hitting 40,000 yards.  7th in all time passing yards.  He's been to a SuperBowl, he's 3-4 in play offs games and has been to 4 Pro Bowls.

He might not be the Bills QB of the future, but I'd hardly call him a bust or a football retard.

218885[/snapback]

Thank you for bringing some sanity to the board today. While I'm excited about JP taking over, those accomplishments still deserve some respect.

Will DB ever be takled about in the same breath as the greats. Frankly, no. But his career has hardly been Rob Johnson-like.

Maybe the Tuna can add a few more good years to Drew's career.

He was trying to make a first down when his protection broke down.  Doubt he was looking like he was in Lala lind becasue Shawn Ellis had him wrapped up from behind and wasn't able to protect himself or get out of bounds.  Much of Drews prolems stem from taking risks rather than playing it safe.  true he makes some mistakes but he' also made some remarkable plays by standing in there a few seconds longer and taking the hit.

218902[/snapback]

not the play I am talking about. I am talking about the play that literally almost killed Drew. He suffered a punctured lung and had blood clots. It was when Drew was a Patriot. He was lollygagging down the sideline, could of stepped out at any time and was totally oblivious to the fact he was on a football field during a live play. It was one of the dumbest plays I have ever seen on the football field. Leon Lett dumb. No doubt Drew is tough as nails and can take a hit. He could avoid many of those big hits if he could make a quick read and get rid of the damn ball

not the play I am talking about.  I am talking about the play that literally almost killed Drew.  He suffered a punctured lung and had blood clots.  It was when Drew was a Patriot.  He was lollygagging down the sideline, could of stepped out at any time and was totally oblivious to the fact he was on a football field during a live play.  It was one of the dumbest plays I have ever seen on the football field.  Leon Lett dumb.  No doubt Drew is tough as nails and can take a hit.  He could avoid many of those big hits if he could make a quick read and get rid of the damn ball

218906[/snapback]

He wasn't going anywhere because Shawn Ellis had him from behind.

He wasn't going anywhere because Shawn Ellis had him from behind.

218907[/snapback]

http://www.patsfans.com/stories/display_st...p?story_id=2116

Calling signals Bledsoe took the snap and dropped back looking down the field. The Jets defense was coming hard, and you could see in his eyes how badly Bledsoe knew he needed to make a play. He rolled to his right, and off he went, racing up the sideline toward the first down marker. Coming hard in the distance was linebacker Mo Lewis, and for a moment Bledsoe slowed up, looking as if he thought for a split second he should simply run out of bounds and take their chances with punting the football.

But he kept going, most likely because he felt his 6'5" 240-pound frame could take on Lewis and he could get those two extra yards his team needed to move the chains and give him a fresh set of downs to give him the opportunity to mount a comeback.

Then came a violent collision. The ball left Bledsoe's hands and he fell in a heap to the ground. For those who watched and saw him motionless on the ground deep down immediately knew something was wrong.

He was hurt, and for the moment no one truly knew how badly injured he was.

........And the rest is history.  :D

218922[/snapback]

That link is pretty interesting. History repeats itself. Some snippets-

"Trailing the New York Jets 10-3 in the fourth quarter Bledsoe took the field following a possession in which he had thrown an interception in the endzone ending a potential scoring opportunity for the Patriots.

After the interception fans had booed him as he left the field. They were angry and frustrated. After all, losing to the Cincinnati Bengals to open the season had left a sour taste in their mouths, and the thought of a season like the 5-11 one the year before was enough to make anyone want to vomit."

"As for Bledsoe he had always had his critics. He wasn't mobile enough, he couldn't step up in big games."

"He had been sacked 100 times from 1999-2001"

"The team struggled that season and the name Michael Bishop was chanted throughout the year whenever a Bledsoe pass fell incomplete or an interception thrown."

"after the New England defense forced the Jets to punt, he jogged back to the huddle and was greeted by a sea of boos from fans who felt they had finally seen enough of him."

[OK yours it from something called PAtsfan.com

This is from John Clayton Sept 29 th

The injury happened on a sideline play in which Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis was trying to tackle Bledsoe along the sidelines. Bledsoe tried to lean back to stay in bounds and make an extra yard or two (to make a first down). That move left his chest exposed to a hard hit from Lewis.

AP also reported he was being tackle from behind by Ellis. He was a few feet away from making a first down and doing whatever he could to get there. He certainly wasn't standing there like he didn't know a play was going on.

ESPN page 2 article on the wonderlic test.

'Each year, about 2.5 million job applicants, in every line of work, take the Wonderlic. The average NFL combiner scores about the same as the average applicant for any other job, a 21. A 20 indicates the test-taker has an IQ of 100, which is average.'

Charlie Wonderlic Jr., president of Wonderlic Inc., says, "A score of 10 is literacy, that's about all we can say."

I have taken the Wonderlic, it's not as easy as it seems. Only having 12 minutes for 50 questions, you have to answer on average, 4 questions a minute. Here's a sampling of questions from ESPN. Since they are only giving you 15 questions, give yourself only 5 minutes and see how many you can answer.

Embarrassing if they were competing on Jeopardy, BUT they play in the NFL and 2-3 of them have Pro Bowl potential. I'd take Winslow, Wilfork or Taylor on the Bills anyday.

218923[/snapback]

Probowl yes... but Winslow and Shockey will never lead their team to a superbowl.

Probowl yes... but Winslow and Shockey will never lead their team to a superbowl.

219843[/snapback]

And you're basing this statement on what? How could you possibly know? A player could be good enough to go to the Pro Bowl but something will prevent them from helping their team make it to the Super Bowl. What prevents that, their wonderlic scores?