(OT-sort of) truly entertaining slice of nfl life

That's an entertaining read, thanks. I couldn't imagine being in that situation where i'm on the football and someone is pulling on my jock or digging in my ear. I'd be pissed off at the world after I get up.

218840[/snapback]

i remember back in the 90s when william fuller (defensive end, oilers, eagles, and chargers; played for houston in the reich comeback game) had the nickname of "the nutcracker" because of what he did in fumble piles ...

BEN LEBER, Chargers Linebacker

In the pile you hear some screams of pain, but you don't know where it is coming from -- unless it's you.  :D

219042[/snapback]

" I don't know who bit me, but after the game I had to get a little [tetanus] shot."

:)

This is great.

But you'd think a big pile like this would call for an immediate instant replay, since if it changes hands, it wasnt done by the rules (and I mean that the guy was obviously down already).

Great read! The wildest 'scrum' I recall was in SBXXVI. The 'skins seemed comfortably ahead late when Jimbo got us 2 tds, recovering an on-sider. We tried it again and it took several moments to unravel with obvious animal viciousness in the pile. I was near breathless watching and when they finally blew the whistle there was no obvious call by the officials. Then they just gave the ball to Washington and all hope was lost.. :D