Okay...if not EJ, then who?

I say E.J. should get the first 4 games to show he has it. If he struggles badly. It`s Lewis or Tuel,who ever is #2 Q.b. the rest of the year and we go searching in the draft again. Use our 2nd pick or work some kind of trade to move up. No excuses now. The best rb tandum in the league and some real talent at wr . Just think Brady with our weapons or any top 10 Qb. E.J. needs to step up or sit down.

I say E.J. should get the first 4 games to show he has it. If he struggles badly. It`s Lewis or Tuel,who ever is #2 Q.b. the rest of the year and we go searching in the draft again. Use our 2nd pick or work some kind of trade to move up. No excuses now. The best rb tandum in the league and some real talent at wr . Just think Brady with our weapons or any top 10 Qb. E.J. needs to step up or sit down.

:wallbash:

:wallbash:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's give in to the idea for a moment that EJ isn't the guy. Did the Bills miss an opportunity with another QB? Listening to Schopp pretty much throw EJ (and Marrone for that matter) under the bus today, I started thinking about what other options there were in 2013 and 2014.

Nassib? Bridgewater? Geno Smith? Would you be any more optimistic with these QBs on the Bills right now instead of EJ? To me EJ was the best from an apparently weak class. But also keep in mind that 80% of Bills fans wanted a QB taken in 2013.

So the Bills got EJ and the feeling was that at least the Bills are taking a shot. We even got EJ plus Kiko by trading down. But a year later and good feelings are gone. What if we waited till 2014? No Sammy but Manziel at 9? Bortles? Would we be any more guaranteed success with those guys?

My point is the Bills really didn't have much choice but take EJ and go all in with him. There was no other QB that was a consensus franchise player in either the 2013 or 2014 draft. Would you have stuck with Fitz for two more years? Sign a free agent? If so, who? Vick? Freeman? Sanchez? How about any QB from this list of 2013 free agents?

Again, not only was there no sure bets at QB in either draft, there was no quality free agent QBs to sign in 2013 or 2014 either. So it was going to EJ any way you slice it.

PTR

Giving up what they did for Sammy, the Bills are all-in on Manuel for sure. No matter if he lights it up or goes down in flames, they should play Manuel all season to see what he's got. Give him every opportunity to succeed. If he flames out then well, whats another 4 years of futility.

I don't know but from camp reports EJ Still doesn't get it. I doubt he had 'it' to begin with. I think we are scrambling to find a QB next year

Missing WR's, and as usual slow with his reads and not making good reads. The knock on him out of college is he was slow with reads and needed wide open WR's. Sorry that doesnt' cut it in the NFL

Not always.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065839/article/florida-states-ej-manuel-settles-doubts-with-win-over-clemson

I thought it wasn't the greatest of picks but was glad that we got Kiko . The thing that really bums me out is that we are still paying Fitz 2 years after he was fired .

Who's the dum ass on that one ?

I think they should have kept Fitz to in some way help bring EJ along to get some thing for the rediculously STUPID, to quickly signed contract that who ever said yes to (& should have been fired for) allowed & then who ever made the other stupid decission to get rid of the guy :wallbash: ????

If those 2 decissions weren't the stupidist FO or coaching moves in Bills history i don't know what is !!

But seeing as a team only goes as far as the QB & also seeing how the Bills fan base had completely given up on Tuel after One true NFL start & One relief job I was hoping that they would bring in Garopalo as back up insurance policy !! But thats just me ...

I thought it wasn't the greatest of picks but was glad that we got Kiko . The thing that really bums me out is that we are still paying Fitz 2 years after he was fired .

Who's the dum ass on that one ?

I think they should have kept Fitz to in some way help bring EJ along to get some thing for the rediculously STUPID, to quickly signed contract that who ever said yes to (& should have been fired for) allowed & then who ever made the other stupid decission to get rid of the guy :wallbash: ????

If those 2 decissions weren't the stupidist FO or coaching moves in Bills history i don't know what is !!

But seeing as a team only goes as far as the QB & also seeing how the Bills fan base had completely given up on Tuel after One true NFL start & One relief job I was hoping that they would bring in Garopalo as back up insurance policy !! But thats just me ...

Fourth. Quarter. Interceptions.

Making decisions out of desperation is not a good plan when you're building a NFL team. When Buddy Nix, because he couldn't look bad for re-signing Fitz, subsequently avoided taking a QB like the plague in 2011-12, it set up 2013 and absolutely having to take Manuel.

I don't understand why this team, who preaches competition at every position, doesn't like it at the QB position. Manuel has had no competition and the team's gone to lengths to make it so. Same could be said when Fitz was the starter for 2011-12. Same can be said when, upon taking over in 2010, Gailey admitted to Trent being the unquestioned starter. I think senior Bills management is deathly afraid of any QB controversy, and I wouldn't doubt it's the effect of the Flutie-Johnson situation.

The answer to that is simple.....the wagon is hitched to EJ Manual....and a young qb needs all the reps they can get.

To bring in another QB to "compete" is taking reps away from our young starter

The answer to that is simple.....the wagon is hitched to EJ Manual....and a young qb needs all the reps they can get.

To bring in another QB to "compete" is taking reps away from our young starter

I half agree here...I wouldn't have brought in a young QB to "compete", but rather to have one in the fold to develop in the case that EJ doesn't become the guy.

Now, I wouldn't have spent a high pick on one, but that's not because of reps--it's because I didn't really like any of the top prospects in this year's draft. I would've happily spent a 4th round pick on Aaron Murray or Zach Mettengerger though.

I disagree. Leaving no room for EJ to stumble would be to surround him with no weapons and no defense, thus forcing him to win every game with his arm. They've done the opposite. The front office has given EJ outs, ways to win without needing to be perfect. SWAT will clean up mistakes and turn simple gains into explosive ones. The running backs and OL are built to dominate time of possession and move the chains. And the defense, despite the loss of JB and Pettine, is a top 10 unit with an unlimited ceiling.

EJ can be mediocre and this team is still built to make the playoffs.

I also disagree.....the makeup of the offense suggests that it be QB friendly which translates to success for more then one QB....lets look at it

- Running back position is literally 4 deep......a combonation of exceptional speed, experience, and power.........

- A offensive line addressed through both free agency AND draft......lots of talent there

- Receiving targets addressed.......we were good......Watkins might make them elite

- A defense with a dominanate DL

it looks to me like they actually OFFLOADED the responsibility of EJ Manuel to be perfect every game......and put playmakers around him to take up the slack. Now the hope here is that EJ turns into a elite QB.....but this team is not set up for "If EJ isnt a superstar this game they lose"

I just dont see it that way