Training Camp Position Battles

As the roster is currently comprised (and barring injuries), these are the positional battles that will determine final roster spots:

1. Kouandjio vs Pears vs Henderson - Battle for starting RT. K is a super stud. Only his injury status kept him from being a R1 pick. However, Pears and Henderson are good enough to both stick as well. I would keep them both. Good OTs are hard to find and are expensive. Nod: Kouandjio.

2. TJ Graham vs Hogan - Hogan has the edge right now because he can give them a solid poss. receiver and play ST, which is what the #5 WR needs to be able to do. Graham is basically a speed WR, which the Bills already have in Goodwin. Nod: Hogan.

3. Legursky vs Asper - Battle for backup OC. Legursky has more OC experience and can also play OG. Nod: Legursky.

3. Moeaki vs Gragg - Mo is more proven, can block well and catch well. Nice safety valve for Manuel. Gragg is all potential at this point. Nod: Moeaki.

4. M. Williams vs Woods - Battle for #2 WR. Williams is more proven, but Woods has a tremendous upside. Woods is a star in the making and could actually be our most productive WR his year. Expect him to break out in a big way. Williams easily takes the #3 WR spot. Nod: Woods.

5. Carpenter vs Hopkins - Carpenter is cutch and experienced. Hopkins has a big leg and is accurate. Being able to prevent KO returns is a very big deal because the opponent starts on their own 20, can't make any game changing plays, and our ST doesn't get beat up by having to make tackles at full speed.

I'd keep them both at this point. Nod: Both.

6. Dombrowski vs Moorman - Do you want experience or just a big leg?? I'll take experience. Powell had just a big leg and we saw how he fared. Nod: Moorman.

7. Sylvester vs R. Johnson - TBD, but Sylvester has 4 yrs of pro experience and can play ST. Nod: Sly.

8. Meeks vs Ladler - TBD, but since was a R5 pick you would think that he team has high expectations for him. Nod: Meeks

Your thoughts.

Hairston will battle for a starting position on the line whether it be guard or tackle

Also I can see Doug Lee-worst-sky and Asper both getting cut, and carrying Urbik as the backup center

Edited by FluffHead

Urbik will be the starting RG and will get beat up over time. They can't afford to not take Legursky to be the backup OC for that reason.

Legursky is a experienced NFL OC. He's a valuable player to have as backup OC. The Bills could do a lot worse.

Most have soured on sky because he didn't fare well as starting OG. He's too small to play OG, but just right play OC.

I have high hopes for Hairston, who should be an excellent swing OT.

Urbik will be the starting RG and will get beat up over time. They can't afford to not take Legursky to be the backup OC for that reason.

Legursky is a experienced NFL OC. He's a valuable player to have as backup OC. The Bills could do a lot worse.

Most have soured on sky because he didn't fare well as starting OG. He's too small to play OG, but just right play OC.

I have high hopes for Hairston, who should be an excellent swing OT.

Hairston was getting reps at guard, who's to say he doesn't start at RG? In that case I think Urbik can backup both guards and center better than Legursky.

As the roster is currently comprised (and barring injuries), these are the positional battles that will determine final roster spots:

1. Kouandjio vs Pears vs Henderson - Battle for starting RT. K is a super stud. Only his injury status kept him from being a R1 pick. However, Pears and Henderson are good enough to both stick as well. I would keep them both. Good OTs are hard to find and are expensive. Nod: Kouandjio.

2. TJ Graham vs Hogan - Hogan has the edge right now because he can give them a solid poss. receiver and play ST, which is what the #5 WR needs to be able to do. Graham is basically a speed WR, which the Bills already have in Goodwin. Nod: Hogan.

3. Legursky vs Asper - Battle for backup OC. Legursky has more OC experience and can also play OG. Nod: Legursky.

3. Moeaki vs Gragg - Mo is more proven, can block well and catch well. Nice safety valve for Manuel. Gragg is all potential at this point. Nod: Moeaki.

4. M. Williams vs Woods - Battle for #2 WR. Williams is more proven, but Woods has a tremendous upside. Woods is a star in the making and could actually be our most productive WR his year. Expect him to break out in a big way. Williams easily takes the #3 WR spot. Nod: Woods.

5. Carpenter vs Hopkins - Carpenter is cutch and experienced. Hopkins has a big leg and is accurate. Being able to prevent KO returns is a very big deal because the opponent starts on their own 20, can't make any game changing plays, and our ST doesn't get beat up by having to make tackles at full speed.

I'd keep them both at this point. Nod: Both.

6. Dombrowski vs Moorman - Do you want experience or just a big leg?? I'll take experience. Powell had just a big leg and we saw how he fared. Nod: Moorman.

7. Sylvester vs R. Johnson - TBD, but Sylvester has 4 yrs of pro experience and can play ST. Nod: Sly.

8. Meeks vs Ladler - TBD, but since was a R5 pick you would think that he team has high expectations for him. Nod: Meeks

Your thoughts.

There is no such thing as a "#1 receiver" positionally.

There are flankers and slots.

Watkins and Williams are our flankers, Woods is our slot.

How many balls they catch is a matter of chemistry and technique.

I don't think Pears will make it because he will be too expensive to keep as a back-up, and they can go with Hairston.

Legursky has more experience, but Asper has more upside. I go with Asper on that one.

I agree that we will keep both Kickers.

This will probably be Moorman's last season as a Bill.

Not bad really. I think Rodak is pretty close. Got me thinking about the S Henderson situation . He probably wont be any secret on PS if he shows up at camp.

Wish the Bills would have announced Hairston to be first up.

pretty good job by Mike Rodak this time

Thank you Alf for the link

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 3m

Putting a wrap on our “bubble watch” series with a chart that breaks down the Bills roster: http://es.pn/1prNDrj

This one is more interesting I think . But i am not sure i care as much for this one.

Good fun to peek at it though

TY

K2W