What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

something for you to dream about eh?

I've had my fair share of trigger pulling back in the day. I'd rather not shoot at anyone else... but I would if I had to. 

Sorry that people have to defend their life and their family with firearms. I know you'd dream of a day where no one but bad guys have guns. 

24 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Few gun owners would disagree with safe firearm storage. "Universal" background checks are completely pointless.

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

You have shot someone?

I dont really have any dreams about guns other than hunting dreams where I bag a big buck once in awhile. I have a shotgun for home defense, that's all I need and I hope I never have to use it

US Army 88m/11c

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So funny when you freaks pick and choose when something is and is not self defense.

So white of you. 

So funny that he was found not guilty on grounds of self defense. 

The 3 criminals he shot, who were all attacking him, were white. Weird. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So the judge didn’t have an impact on what the jury heard? Yes or no?

What is the job of a judge? 

And let me ask you this... did you totally miss this during the cross-examination? 

Rittenhouse defense attorney Corey Chirafisi asked: “It wasn’t until you pointed your gun at him, advanced on him … that he fired, right?”

Correct,” Grosskreutz replied.

CASE. CLOSED. AT. THAT. POINT.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn't have a problem with that Rittenhorse kid getting off, sometimes it is hard to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt.

What I did have a problem with is the complete idiotic Americans that made a folk hero out of that kid. The fact that he used it to his benefit financially rubbed me wrong as well

He was made out to be a hero because of how much the left portrayed him as a villain. If the left hadn't run with the narrative that he started the whole thing and just executed rioters in the street and instead waited for the facts to come out he wouldn't have been as beloved. But that tends to be the left these days...just run on emotions and screw all the facts. And instead of listening to the facts the left couldn't just admit they were wrong they just doubled down on it. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Nah, making him a hero was a culture war choice idiotic republicans made. People are arrested all over this country for shooting others, ya'll chose to make him a hero

the left started the culture war here when they made up facts about the case that were disproven. had they just run with the facts to begin with probably never even gets arrested and is a no name kid.  but when you run with false facts that are proven false with video and testimony you create a culture war. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn't have a problem with that Rittenhorse kid getting off, sometimes it is hard to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt.

What I did have a problem with is the complete idiotic Americans that made a folk hero out of that kid. The fact that he used it to his benefit financially rubbed me wrong as well

Kinda like George Floyd? Aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. Held a gun to a pregnant woman's belly and robbed her. 

Kinda like Jacob Blake? Wanted by LEO for an outstanding warrant, sexual assault. Admitted he had a knife. Was violating a protective order at the time when police showed up.

Kinda like Jordan Neely? 42 arrests including four times for assault. 

10 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Why so?

Because criminals won't do it. I've talked about this ad nauseam. 

The whole idea is to keep firearms out of criminals hands, right? Well, good luck with that! 

I live in rural Oklahoma. My closest FFL is 40 minutes away (so around 1 1/2 hours round trip). I bought my dad a Henry lever action .357 for fathers day a couple of years ago... why TF should I have to have us BOTH travel to the gun shop, spend $40 each, to do ANOTHER background check? Take up 2+ hours of our time? I work full time... I have patients. My dad works full time, he has patients. 

Do a background check, again, while criminals won't do any? It's pointless my man. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

that's BS. The kid was arrested by the local authorities, not by "the left" or "the media" ... 

I think it would be unlikely and surprising for anyone to shoot others in the streets and never get charged with anything

You agree the original narrative that was run by the media was not actually what happened right?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I didn't really care to be honest so I don't know what "the narrative" was at the time. A bunch of idiots took to the streets and they arrested people when shots were fired. I dont think anyone shoulda been made a hero outta that

Well he was made out to be the hero because of how the narrative was debunked. When it turned out he was the one who was attacked and then that it turned out the guys he shot were child molesters and domestic abusers it went all the more viral. The heroes of the left in this situation were child predators and wife beaters...do you support those two groups?

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

didn’t he drive like an hour away to engage with the idiots

here’s an idea- if you don’t want to be arrested, stay the f*ck home

those are the people we should make heroes of. “Instead of looking for a fight, this young man stayed home and studied hard”

Again, doesn't that also apply to those who attacked Rittenhouse? EVERYONE there were breaking curfew. 

Rittenhouse lives 33 minutes away from Kenosha (20 miles)... it's basically a suburb. He worked at a nursing home and had friends there. 

Gaige Grosskreutz lived twice as far away (45 minutes). Anthony Huber lived in Silver Lake, 33 minutes (20 miles away). Joseph Rosenbaum, the child molester, was the only one who lived in Kenosha. He was also the most aggressive one out of the entire group. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

uhh yeah, they are all idiots and no hero of mine.

thought I had already covered that

I don't disagree... he should have stayed at home. His mother should have not allowed him to show up at a volatile protest/riot. I'm probably the most pro-2A person on this entire forum... but not letting my kid be put in that situation. No matter how much training they have. 

• Agree 1

The problem of gun violence should be addressed as a public health problem, similar to the way society addressed smoking and drunk driving. A culture of gun safety needs to be developed and promoted through PSAs. Some of the best advocates should be responsible gun owners. Education programs could address safe storage, theft prevention, safe use, removal of guns from the mentally ill, Red Flag laws, voluntary gun give back to police, reporting concerns to police, education on the risks associated with gun ownership, doctors should talk to parents of children about gun risks, funding mental health programs, etc. 

The goal should be to change the way society thinks about guns and gun ownership. Education health programs have worked with DWI and smoking, without banning cigarettes or alcohol.  

Edited by Andy1

11 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

The problem of gun violence should be addressed as a public health problem, similar to the way society addressed smoking and drunk driving. A culture of gun safety needs to be developed and promoted through PSAs. Some of the best advocates should be responsible gun owners. Education programs could address safe storage, theft prevention, safe use, removal of guns from the mentally ill, Red Flag laws, voluntary gun give back to police, reporting concerns to police, education on the risks associated with gun ownership, doctors should talk to parents of children about gun risks, funding mental health programs, etc. 

The goal should be to change the way society thinks about guns and gun ownership. Education health programs have worked with DWI and smoking, without banning cigarettes or alcohol.  

Funding mental health programs should be huge. We do a bad job with this as a country.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Funding mental health programs should be huge. We do a bad job with this as a country.

Funding (I'm in the field) has been drastically cut over the past 10 years and the facilities are almost all but gone. Very few left.