4 teams interested in trade for Andre Johnson

Houston reportedly not budging. Johnson has already lost a mill this offseason for no-showing.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 4m

Report: Andre Johnson wants a trade, four teams interested http://wp.me/p14QSB-9w1T

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 16m

Four teams have expressed interest in trading for #Texans WR Andre Johnson, who is working out now “not thinking of the Texans,” source said

New england?

I'd say Seattle might be smart to try to get him.

Carolina doesn't have crap for a WR.

Cleveland needs WR's.

The Panthers would be wise to get him, all they have are a bunch of journeymen at WR.

Yeah, I would think the Panthers would be a good spot for him..they are really, really thin at the position,and have what is percieved to be at least, an elite young QB. I honestly can't believe they haven't really addressed the WR a bit more already. Cleveland could really use him too...but if he has any say as to where he is traded, i can't imagine him wanting to go there... Manziel could be great, or he really could fall flat on his big schnoz.. I know there are better teams, with better playoff chances than the Panthers and Browns, but how much are the 49ers going to be willing to give for Andre Johnson?. I honeslty think his tank is much closer to empty than it is half full...but who knows?

Edited by Buftex

Yeah, I would think the Panthers would be a good spot for him..they are really, really thin at the position,and have what is percieved to be at least, an elite young QB. I honestly can't believe they haven't really addressed the WR a bit more already. Cleveland could really use him too...but if he has any say as to where he is traded, i can't imagine him wanting to go there... Manziel could be great, or he really could fall flat on his big schnoz.. I know there are better teams, with better playoff chances than the Panthers and Browns, but how much are the 49ers going to be willing to give for Andre Johnson?. I honeslty think his tank is much closer to empty than it is half full...but who knows?

Exactly. Numerous reports are that this is not about the money. He wants to be on a contender, i.e. with a good QB. So I can't see Cleveland making the cut. Niners already have a ton at WR. Panthers would be a great fit from both sides, really.

EDIT: I can also see the Pats making a run at him. They are always a landing spot for guys toward the end of their career chasing a ring.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree with this statement. That doesn't mean that Johnson can't play anymore, just that he is on the downside.

He still has enough left to give a team that extra added boost.

IMO Cleveland is closer to contention then Carolina

They lost all their WR's. And their DB's. Have one LB. Lost depth at DL. Their OL is young and suspect. And they still haven't got a reliable RB.

If I was Carolina I break the bank and trade for Spiller and Andre Johnson. Instantly upgrading them back in to the mix in a tough conference and division.

The Panthers would be wise to get him, all they have are a bunch of journeymen at WR.

I think if they had any interest in going in that direction, they would have never cut Steve Smith to begin with. Big money, aging receiver.

I agree with this statement. That doesn't mean that Johnson can't play anymore, just that he is on the downside.

He still has enough left to give a team that extra added boost.

Agreed...but going to a team with some hope will make all the difference in his performance. If he gets traded to a **** team, I am not sure his effort and heart will be in it...he is/was a great player, but his frustration level seemed to affect his performance greatly his last season in Houston, when it was obvious they werent' going anywhere.

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 5m

Taking a look at the teams that would, could, should be interested in Andre Johnson http://wp.me/p14QSB-9w23

A few teams I hadn't thought of in there...Chargers might be intriguing... pair him up with Keenan Allen, and a seemingly revived Rivers, they might be a pretty decent team. And who wouldn't want to play in San Diegeo? Falcons might be a good fit too.

Edited by Buftex

Agreed...but going to a team with some hope will make all the difference in his performance. If he gets traded to a **** team, I am not sure his effort and heart will be in it...he is/was a great player, but his frustration level seemed to affect his performance greatly his last season in Houston, when it was obvious they werent' going anywhere.

A few teams I hadn't thought of in there...Chargers might be intriguing... pair him up with Keenan Allen, and a seemingly revived Rivers, they might be a pretty decent team. And who wouldn't want to play in San Diegeo?

SD is getting Malcolm Floyd back from injury this year and Ladarius Green is going to be a hybrid TE type (he is a really fast). I don't think they have much cap space left either. But I can see Johnson being interested if they were.

New england?

I'd say Seattle might be smart to try to get him.

Carolina doesn't have crap for a WR.

Cleveland needs WR's.

A healthy Percy Harvin is going to make loss of Golden Tate minimal. In terms of Andre Johnson suitors, never dismiss New England. San Diego might be a sleeper team and as mentioned Cleveland or Carolina could use the help but don't see them being as front runners to make the move.

Cleveland is out as that is another rebuilding deal. Andre wants from every report a win now team. That starts with a franchise QB. That leaves NE and yes, SD is not a bad option. As to Carolina, their defense is awesome, but I wonder of they can repeat 12-4. They have an improved TB, NO is always a threat.

You guys are right. He is a 2 year proposition. That just screams of NE. Now for his chance at winning, how much will he restructure to get a ring? He's due 10 mil this year. Who of these teams has how much cap space?

I'd have to look at that for a better opinion. He probably won't go anywhere. The 1 mil bonus he lost was a MSG to the team to not hold out. He has almost no leverage unless he holds out the first 10 games and willing to give up more game checks. He won't give up his retirement so he has to report by November.

The new staff does not want to give up their best offensive weapon. They'll hang onto him for two years, and cut his contract at that point. He'll never see a SB and too bad for him as he is one of the league's best over the last decade. The same could vbe said for L. Fitz. Even though he made one SB. If that guy had a QB after Warner, would go down as one of the best up with Megatron.

I think he only wants to go to a non-dysfuntional, contender ... so that takes Cleveland off the list. I think Seattle is comfortable with their ground and pound style, and wouldnt want to throw often enough to keep johnson happy. pats like the TE and short passing route game, and Johnson doesnt have the breakaway speed like Moss to make them deviate from that. Carolina sounds like the best candidate, but apparently Houston takes a nasty dead money cap hit, so Im not sure how this scenario plays out

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

A few teams I hadn't thought of in there...Chargers might be intriguing... pair him up with Keenan Allen, and a seemingly revived Rivers, they might be a pretty decent team. And who wouldn't want to play in San Diegeo? Falcons might be a good fit too.

That would be very interesting. A veteran all-pro WR like Johnson would be a good fit for the Chargers. I'm sure Phillip Rivers would love to throw to him.

He's the kind of player that would give the Chargers that extra weapon they could use against the Broncos.